Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 AM

I love this post and all that is said here. We are family and thats how families are supposted to be. we deal with all issues and hold hands and hug and pray together to become the best we can be together.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:21 AM

Carol: You aren't eating enough caloriez to keep lozing. You are interpreting yout weight lozz az neebing to cut back more...thi i incorrect. You neec to + aboutbe 3-5 hunbreb per bay to healthy. You alzo neeb to abopt a realiztic, zuztainable eaxercize program. The lazt l10-20 pounbz neebz to be loozt unber 'maintenance conbitionz. +++You neeb to ztart to focuz at LIVING with the pozitive choicez you are making, without the benefit of weightlozz feebback from the zcalez.

Oh but wait...All along I have aib the number on the zcale iz not the bezt for evaluating zuccezz or failure of your program.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 AM

Okay, it's almost the beginning of October. Will you be doing this again? If so, I want to sign up! I've got 25 pounds to lose and I need some incentive. !!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:37 AM

Carol: You aren't eating enough caloriez to keep lozing. You are interpreting yout weight lozz az neebing to cut back more...thi i incorrect. You neec to + aboutbe 3-5 hunbreb per bay to healthy. You alzo neeb to abopt a realiztic, zuztainable eaxercize program. The lazt l10-20 pounbz neebz to be loozt unber 'maintenance conbitionz. +++You neeb to ztart to focuz at LIVING with the pozitive choicez you are making, without the benefit of weightlozz feebback from the zcalez.

Oh but wait...All along I have aib the number on the zcale iz not the bezt for evaluating zuccezz or failure of your program.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

I BINGED and it felt so good. This was my theory.......I always have a theory. If your body goes into starvation mode and you don't lose weight you store fat the reason being is way back when a human when eat when they could get food once they didn't have it they bacisally lived off their own body fat. When they had food they would store some but when they first got it they would binge. So even thought I have a cheat day I thought maybe that even wasn't enough of extra calories. I figured what the hell I have nothing to lose if I binged so I did. It was easy as DS was home for the weekend and I have made food for him to take back to school with him. I had a salami and provolone hero. Milk real whole milk, I love milk I drank about 1/2 gal of it. 2 chocolate pudding, lemonoade, smoked ham, oatmeal with sugar 2 bowls, buttered roll, hot cocoa, fettuccini alfredo, pickled beets, popcorn, potato chips, and oreo cookies. That was yesterday, all that food and more I just can't think of what else I had. Now today I will start again with weighing and measuring my food and will see what happenes when I weigh in next Sunday, actually I have to weigh in Thursday Sept 30 for the challenge.

Oh corn muffins, oatmeal cookies, tahini and jelly sandwich. It seems the list is endless, I ate non stop yesterday.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Hole cow it's almost the end of the month!!!!! Where has it gone???
Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM

It is almost the end of the month and I have some news for all of you hungry people trying to starve yourselves into a size 6 before Christmas. IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. The only people with a chance to make HUGE weight changes are like Missy who can do it surgically. I'm so happy for her. She will not only get to have a New Year, but a New Life, in a New Shape. But, for the most part, she will always be our wonderful and sweet Missy - Mike's special friend.

NOW, Pay Attention to Me...I have big news.

Dr. Oz may not be a show you watch, but he is a qualified doctor with great ideas about helping people lead healthy lives. There are 5 numbers we need to know when evaluating our health and only 1 of these is on the scale (and it isn't the important 1)

We should know our Blood Pressure, making sure the top number is never more than 140 and the bottom should always be less than 100. Also, your top number needs to always be above 90.

Second is our cholestral numbers HDL, (healthy) LDL (bad) and tryglicerides (fat in blood) . I can't remember exactly what the limits are,just that mine is perfect, but I have to take a cholestral medication to keep the tryglicerides lower = a problem for diabetes)

Resting heart rate - never more than 100.
Height & Weight

Waist Measurement: Below 30, but never more than 1/2 your height in inches. I figure if you are 4 ft. tall you can go as high as 24" waist but no more. At 6ft tall you can be 36" waist at the most. The rest of us probably fall in between, height wise.

This measurement is most important because it tells you where your fat is... Fat around the middle gravely increases chances for many cancers, heart disease, stroke, lung and other organ problems. Plus it makes you top heavy which is hard on your back, shourlders, hips and knees.

I would like to suggest that instead of awarding only for number reductions on the scale, perhaps we could also reward for the most inches lost around the tummy.

For those who are stuck, this may be a huge place to shine. If your scales are working for you, go ahead. Weight IS important, but it isn't the only important number. Frankly, if I could wear a size 12-14 and not feel tight or rip seams, the scales could call me a two ton tessy. I'm not going to really compete with scales anymore, I'm using the number of days my blood sugar is below 150 and my waist measurement.

Great work and congratulations to you all who are losing. Keep it up. Start looking for routines, recipes, and reactions we can plan to use to keep us healthy and fit as we enter this holiday season. With winter upon me, I crave hot rich soups with home made bread. I also want sweet things with my tea. Need to find some ways to keep it healthy and still be happy.

Sorry for my rant. It just hit me today that I'm not looking at my whole picture. I'll do better as long as I keep perspective )expecially about the scales).
Old 09-27-2010, 11:03 AM

I never want to be a size 6. lol
Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by BettyB
Well today was weigh day for me and I am glad to say that I have lost 11 pounds and I can really tell it in my clothes. I do not post much on this thread but I just want to tell you all that I do read it and enjoy what you all have to say. I have not met any of you but thru this I feel that I know you. Trupeach I dont mean to sound gross but sometimes if I am dieting my BM's get irregular so I drink some hot super dieters tea about ever other night and it really helps. Did you hear that when Elvis died he had 25 pounds of "poop" in him? KEEP REGULAR.
Betty,

Way to go on the 11 pounds!!! Yay!! I agree with the BM thing. I drink a bottle of water that has benefiber in it every single day and I eat a diet very high in fiber. So, I am always a movin' LOL!!

25 pounds of poop though?? Holy crap! Oh. Did I just say that? Sorry guys. I know. Groan.

Missy
Old 09-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by bronald
earlier on in the month I was only eating 1000 calories a day and I stayed the same. I've started to eat about 1240 and now am loosing again. I think you have a point Missy, at least that's how it worked for me.
I averaged 931 calories a day this month. My exercise routine burns about 350 calories daily at my target weight of 125. And a bit more at my current weigt. I was at 1200, but I took a hefty reduction in calories due to medication. My medication slows my metabolism, so in order to lose, I needed to lower my calories. I'm afraid to increase my calories as I don't want to gain. I do have one day a week where I eat more, last week I went up to 1,600+ calories for that day. Most of the time I'm not hungry, I eat a lot of salads, apples, and veggies. They fill you up.

I was down 8 pounds by the 17th,but I have gained 3 the next day and stayed here for the last two weeks.

But on the positive, I'm down from a 20w/ 22w to a 16/16w. I have given about a dozen pairs of pants to a charity thrift. My shoes are also getting to big for me, I gave away two pairs, and threw away a third pair because they no longer fit. I am now wearing clothes that I wore about 10 years ago. I had gotten rid of most of them, but I kept a few timeless pieces, that I really liked. I lost weight so fast this summer that I skipped over my size 18's. Some of the clothes I had I can still wear, they just look better. And some of my t-shirts I use for exercising and they now sag on me.

I can't buy new clothes yet, I have to save a bit first. I thought I would go down and have a a few pieces altered. That doesn't cost as much as new. I don't really want to make a big investment in a lot of clothes as I need to get to a 10/12, and I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe now and again then. But I will have to buy new bras here pretty soon.
Carol,

I think I understand now why you are so low in calories. I do have to say it felt soooo good when I went from a 58GG down to a 48G. I loved putting that new bra on for the first time! I am now down to a 46G and still drooping er dropping. Sorry. I know. Groan again. When will I ever stop? Probably never. *snort*

Missy