Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-20-2010, 10:03 AM

gwyn, get off all the sugar-free stuff. the chemicals that they use to make the sweeteners in sugar-free things are made up many times of wood alcohol which to people is highly poisonous and it will have side effects that mimic Parkinson and will cause tumors and cancers. This is highly debated, but i will say this, my grandmother who passed away before she was 80 used and drank nothing with real sugar in it. she used the pink or blue packets and ate and drank only "sugar-free" things. she ended up with dimensia and Alzheimer and she had many other medical issues. read what is going into the body and if you have no idea what the things are in the ingredients list look them up and stop using them. I don't chew gum anymore because it is all sugar free and has aspartame in it. I was getting real bad headaches and they have cleared up with the exception of the change in weather or when i eat thing that i know give me migraines. do the natural sweeteners like stevia which is an herb and can be found in many forms liquid powder or crushed leaf, i would also go with honey or maple sugar.
    Old 09-20-2010, 10:09 AM

I do use stevia when I can. Natural sugars will raise my blood sugar too high. I use as little as possible when I do use. I agree these are not good for the body. I won't eat or drink aspartame. Your warning is well taken and I am starting to look for other things I can use to sweeten my drinks of coffee.
    Old 09-20-2010, 04:46 PM

I love molasses! I'll have to find some recipes that use molasses as a sweetener.
    Old 09-20-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
    I think that when you throw sex into the mix of a new relationship it can make things hard to really figure out if it is really love or just lust. Just because a guy can make your eyes roll back into your head doesn't mean it is true love. just means that he knows what he is doing. missy if you wait till you are married then that will make it all the more special because you too are then sharing something more meaningful, well at least to me. I didn't wait till I was married and I really regret it. Yes I did have lots of fun, but knowing that I had many partners makes me feel awful and knowing that my hubby and I couldn't wait make me feel cheap. well at least to me. I hope that you will do what is right for you.
    Wise words. Sex changes a realtionship, the focus becomes sex, not getting to know each other.
    Old 09-20-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    I love molasses! I'll have to find some recipes that use molasses as a sweetener.
    I love molasses in milk, molasses cookies, molasses in oatmeal and on sweet potatoes. I use to eat it by the spoonfuls when I was a kid. My children's doctor swore by it.
    Old 09-20-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    I do use stevia when I can. Natural sugars will raise my blood sugar too high. I use as little as possible when I do use. I agree these are not good for the body. I won't eat or drink aspartame. Your warning is well taken and I am starting to look for other things I can use to sweeten my drinks of coffee.
    Isn't stevia all natural?
    Old 09-20-2010, 06:51 PM
    Banned

I love molasses too but I thought people would think I was nuts if I ever told anyone.
    Old 09-20-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I love molasses too but I thought people would think I was nuts if I ever told anyone.
    We think that anyway Tru. Just join in with the rest of us.

:-o
    Old 09-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Originally Posted by sahm4605
    I think that when you throw sex into the mix of a new relationship it can make things hard to really figure out if it is really love or just lust. Just because a guy can make your eyes roll back into your head doesn't mean it is true love. just means that he knows what he is doing. missy if you wait till you are married then that will make it all the more special because you too are then sharing something more meaningful, well at least to me. I didn't wait till I was married and I really regret it. Yes I did have lots of fun, but knowing that I had many partners makes me feel awful and knowing that my hubby and I couldn't wait make me feel cheap. well at least to me. I hope that you will do what is right for you.
    Wise words. Sex changes a realtionship, the focus becomes sex, not getting to know each other.
    Exactly!! We want to really know each other first. I want to be cherished and I want to cherish him. I cannot see that happening if we are already jumping in the sack. I just love him too much to risk losing it by doing something that only satisfies the carnal desires and not the desires of our hearts.

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-102957.gif  
    Old 09-20-2010, 07:33 PM

Waiting may be hard, but it will be worth it. I promise. My 4 youngest girls have (are) waited. Three are happily marriedto the men of their dreams. I couldn't ask for better son-in-laws. And my son waited for marriage to his wife. Chastity isn't dead and everyone is not doing it. I have a close friend whose son took it to the highest level - he wouldn't touch his wonderful Mellissa. Not even hold hands. They dated and were engaged for 3 years before marriage, but they have a relationship I would die for.

Believe me, it is worth it to wait.