Weird dreams...

Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 AM

I had to laugh about the phone. A bunch of us were just talking about sock monkeys the other day. By the way we still have a dial phone , it is in my sewing room, these new long numbers are a pain to dial.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nena
It seems that the weirdest dreams are the ones we dream when we go back to sleep in the morning. Place a note pad by your bed and as soon as you wake up write it down so you do not forget it. Watch and see what happens. Sometimes dreams have meanings.
Yeah, Nena, that's what my son is doing. We just happened to talk about that a couple of weeks ago :D
Old 01-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Dreams definately having meanings...and varied at that. Sometimes dreams are a reflection of things we are struggling with and sometimes they are warnings....etc... In this case I think maybe this is a precusor of things to come... The world we are living in today is not the same as even 10 years ago...before 9/11. After 9/11 we went into a fast track of change...most not good. In your first dream nothing was as it was supposed to be...everything was jumbled and fell apart...this sounds like deception to me in that you think you are getting one thing and find out it's something else...the model of the phone outdated by many years...seems to represent things going back to how they were many years ago...only in this case even trying to go back doesn't work, as the phone falls apart.

The second dream takes place in a mall...and you say that you normally would not go to a mall...makes me think that you may have many changes coming into your life that will be uncomfortable...pushing you outside of your comfort zone...
Old 01-14-2011, 05:08 PM

OK, i don't mean to scare anyone, but I kept having the same dream over and over again, I couldn't sleep, I was at my aunts house with my siblings and cousins while my aunt and mother shopped, my aunt live in a two flat and her apt. was on the second floor, this man came up and asked for me by name, I was four or five at the time, he just smiles and says to tell my mom he was here. I told this story to my dad over the phone, he wouldn't say anything but called me back a few weeks later and asked if I was still having the same dream, I said I was. He told me what it meant. My dad had taken my siblings and I and left my mom, she ws never home, and always cheating on my dad, didn't want anything to do with us kids. Now for the heart puncher, the dream was about a man that my mom sent to kill me. I was in my thirties when I found this out. This man was to tke me and kill me, not my siblings, just me. He went to the police. As far as I know nothing was ever done to her, never will I have anything to do with her, and she will never know her great-grand kids. I verified this story with other relatives, so it is very true, and now I'm 58 and still in therapy. Sometimes are dreams are trying to tell us something. Unfortunatley for me, it was very bad news. I hope she rots in hell.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy
Dreams are actually a good thing. It is a way we can safely let out something that is on our mind. Don't be afraid to sleep. Embrace the dream and look at what it is trying to tell you.

it's telling you not to talk into a sock monkey's nose.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
That is funny.....I go through spells where I have very strange dreams in the morning. I have even gotten up to go to the bathroom, went back to bed and back into the same dream!! A few times I have gotten up and told my DH the convoluted dream. Sometimes it sticks in my mind for hours before it fades away! :lol:
Oh I thought I was the only one! I've woken up, thought "that was a really weird dream", then fallen back asleep....into the same one again, too. Glad to have company!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
From a small child living on a hard scrabble farm, I've had the same dream, of living in a big Victorian house. Never saw the outside of it, but I know the inside of it very well. A few weeks after my Number two sister died, I dreamed that she had moved into MY house and took me to show off the new drapes for the dining room she'd made. After that I didn't grieve for her so much, I knew that after her long battle with leukemia she was finally at rest. Never dreamed about her again, but what is odd, the dining room drapes she told me she made stayed the same.
So sorry for your loss, but I find it very comforting that she was able to send you a message.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:46 PM

You are not alone, was on the board the other night till 12 pm, Got up and went to bed starting to dream. Frank Sinatra came to my home with some of his tough buddies. He was angry, said I owed him money. Looked and saw all my quilts he and his buddies started throwing the quilts over their shoulders and said that they would take them in lieu of the money I owed. They started for the door and I ran after them screaming "don't take my quilts don't take my quilts! As God is my witness not even I could make this up! I woke up from the nightmare and was laughing in bed!! Way too muxh time spent here hehehe
Old 01-14-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by craftymatt2
OK, i don't mean to scare anyone, but I kept having the same dream over and over again, I couldn't sleep, I was at my aunts house with my siblings and cousins while my aunt and mother shopped, my aunt live in a two flat and her apt. was on the second floor, this man came up and asked for me by name, I was four or five at the time, he just smiles and says to tell my mom he was here. I told this story to my dad over the phone, he wouldn't say anything but called me back a few weeks later and asked if I was still having the same dream, I said I was. He told me what it meant. My dad had taken my siblings and I and left my mom, she ws never home, and always cheating on my dad, didn't want anything to do with us kids. Now for the heart puncher, the dream was about a man that my mom sent to kill me. I was in my thirties when I found this out. This man was to tke me and kill me, not my siblings, just me. He went to the police. As far as I know nothing was ever done to her, never will I have anything to do with her, and she will never know her great-grand kids. I verified this story with other relatives, so it is very true, and now I'm 58 and still in therapy. Sometimes are dreams are trying to tell us something. Unfortunatley for me, it was very bad news. I hope she rots in hell.
Yes dreams do bring messages to us I know for a fact, I'm so sorry that you had to find out about your past in that way.
Did you ever find out why she just wanted you to be killed and not any of the rest of her Children?? That is what I would have wanted a answer to if I had been in your shoes, Why just you. :shock:
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 PM

Have you recently started a new prescription? They can cause some dillies.