Weird dreams...

Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Here is what I know about dreams. Your dreams are you talking to yourself in a non linear manner. Words are linear, but symbols are not. The symbols in your dreams are your own, although we all share some in common. That is why when we see a shape of a man or a woman on a door we know it is the bathroom and who needs to go in and who not. I suggest you keep a dream journal, write them down and you will begin to understand your own symbolic language and the message will come through. There is a story about a scientist who was struggling with trying to figure out the molecular structure of a particular element and one night had a dream of eight snakes in a ring each with a tail in it's mouth, the man woke up an realized that he had his answer. So listen to your dreams, and you might find an answer to something you have been pondering. By the way, here is how to tell if you are asleep dreaming or not....you can't read in your dreams. So if you are ever in a nightmare, look for something to read and you will wake up....
Old 01-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

i always have weird dreams, especially the one where my teeth are falling out.
my sone says i have obtuse dreams from the meds i'm on (oxycodone and soma). i could write a scary kids book about them!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:39 AM

I find that quite often I have wierd dreams if something is bothering me or I'm under some sort of stress.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:10 PM

I recently dreamed I was building a victorian house - and it was like "Room of the Month" instead of "Block of the Month"!!! (I barely know how to use a hammer)LOL Weird!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned

for about a week I have been having nothing but nightmares.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:08 PM

Hahaha. Speaking of the old phones, the one by my bed is an old Princess phone (remember those?) - heavy as all get-out, but it doesn't emit the eletromagnetic field portable phones do. I've tried to eliminate as many EMF sources as possible in my bedroom, because they affect your sleep pattern negatively, and I don't need that! Maybe your dream is trying to tell you that your portable phone is a monkey-on-your-back, and that you need one of the old phones by your bed. <G> Ok, enuf of this nutsiness. I'm back to cutting and stitching.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM

That dream is a riot! It's cool that you remember it...and in such detail. Maybe you should keep a pad by the bed so you can record your dreams when they are still fresh in your mind. Maybe you have a book in the making!! haha!!

Yeah, don't you wonder where these thoughts come from?! And what on Earth they mean?!!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:15 PM

dreams, I guess I don't remember mine.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by kellen46
...Here is what I know about dreams. By the way, here is how to tell if you are asleep dreaming or not....you can't read in your dreams. So if you are ever in a nightmare, look for something to read and you will wake up....
Interesting! I didn't know that!
Years ago I used to do a lot of craft shows and one night I dreamed up a pattern. It was for a doll that I called a "sea angel" and its wings were made out of big clam shells. The next day (which was a THURSDAY!!) I saw a garage sale (who has garage sales on Thursdays?!) I stopped and found a big box of clamshells!! So, I made the dolls and sold them at a boutique in Cape Cod. They were a big hit! Good timing for that dream!