Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Well, Welcome to New York State's Second Winter >

Well, Welcome to New York State's Second Winter

Well, Welcome to New York State's Second Winter

Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 AM

We didn't have much of a winter here in Texas. Have the feeling that it is an indication of what's ahead this summer.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM

Rain -which we needed and wind-hopefully the allergies will let off. I have been in misery the last few weeks. Cool and cloudy today. Weirdest weather in awhile.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:51 PM

We had a nice cool down to low 40's at night and 60's during the day for a couple of days but NO WHITE STUFF!!! Be careful.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM

Enjoy! We never had the first one!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:13 PM

We had that kind of weather last week. Our tulips were up, and just starting to open up and we got 6 inches of snow. This is the strangest spring I ever remember.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
Sorry to hear that! We here in WI are still wondering what happened to Winter. Never really had any. Sure puts the allergies into overtime way too long.
Same thing in Minnesota. Beautiful day yesterday. I am still suffering from Minnesota white (that's what your skin is like after a winter in this state!!!!!) so I am leery about going out in public in Bermudas. I look so anemic!!!! But hey, that's Minnesota and Wisconsin, eh? Rained, thundered and lightning-ed all last night. Dear Bess doesn't like storms, so I ended up on the living room floor soothing a 9 year old dog's fears. She is now flaked out sound asleep and here I am keeping my eyes open with toothpicks, haha!!!! Getting up into the 70's today though, so I'll work on making a fence to keep the rabbits out of the garden! But then for the rest of the week it'll be in the 50's. I have tomatoes with buds on them ready to go into the garden, but it is too soon. I have a friend who planted them from seeds (heirloom) and they are ready to be put in, but I just don't want to hurt them, so they are down in the basement under a flourescent light!!! That'll keep 'em healthy!

This is a day the Lord hath made - Let us Rejoice and be glad in it. Besides which it doesn't do any good to complain, right? Make it a good day. Edie
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

All I have to say is: its cloudy and supposed to be rainy today and I'll take the rain as to SNOW !! LOL
We need the rain for our irrigation purposes and all the Fruit Trees. Not to mention the lawns and veggie gardens ! on the Western Slope of Colorado
Old 04-25-2012, 04:53 PM

I am in NYS have only had sprinkling this winter. Usually gone befor day is over. Where are you in the state? I am in Dutchess County? A little rain which we need but out doing lawn work each day. Beautifl!