What is this - any idea?

Old 04-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Super Member
GEMRM's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South West Ontario
Posts: 2,057

Originally Posted by Carol Wilson View Post
I think it is a Whim Wham for a ducks backside?

This is what my Grandmother always told me if she did not know what something was for!
Love this!
GEMRM is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 12:25 AM
Super Member
DebbieJJ's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: north Alabama
Posts: 1,806

Why not try any and all of the above--and let us know what works??
DebbieJJ is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 04:01 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: under the table with a book yet again!
Posts: 772

It looks like the handle of a pair of pinking shears or heavy duty scissors.

But I love the Whim Wham theory! So funny.
ljs317 is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 04:07 AM
Super Member
Quilty-Louise's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,511

That looks just like the red wrapping paper cutter I have (somewhere).

I bought mine from a school fund raiser one year from my youngest
Quilty-Louise is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 04:09 AM
Senior Member
maryfrang's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: El Lago Tx Originally from Upstate NY
Posts: 654

Take it to an old fashion hardware store. They might even have one in stock. Remember not the warehouse type of today, but the mom and pop type store, if they still have any in your area.
maryfrang is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 05:56 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 433

I believe it is a paper cutter. I have something similar I use to cut wrapping paper.
SingerSewer is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Super Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in the heart of the awl
Posts: 1,003

It looks like the plastic one I have. It's a paper cutter like Foxglove said.
garysgal is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Super Member
madamekelly's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA
Posts: 7,686

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
I believe that is a tool for cutting those obnoxious packages that electronics are in. The ones you have to cut off. Safer than a pocket knife to get them open.
After carefully looking at the picture, it is a tool for putting the spline (rubber fitting) around the edge of a window screen to hold it in the frame. Silly me!

P.S. grandpa always said everything was either "a turnip twaddler," or "a tomato bender!"! Lol!
madamekelly is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 10:48 PM
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Casa Grande,Az
Posts: 28

It is for cutting wrapping paper
Dawn Marie is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Arizona Sunrises
01-31-2012 11:18 AM
02-16-2011 05:24 PM
04-10-2010 01:17 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.