Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What did you Get for Christmas that made you laugh? >

What did you Get for Christmas that made you laugh?

What did you Get for Christmas that made you laugh?

Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 PM

We give out "brown bag gifts" every Christmas and birthday. The recipient is not allowed to return what is in the bag -- and they can contain anything. DH started this when the kids moved out as a way to get rid of VHS tapes that he no longer wanted, the contents then migrated to anything someone wanted to pass down. This year there were brown bags for everyone but me and DH and the 6 month old DGS. My 8 year old DGS got in the act -- he gave his 2 year old cousin a giant stuffed dog.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:20 PM

The windmill cookie tin.

At Thanksgiving my mother presented me with a tin of windmill cookies. She was just so pleased with herself that she'd found them. I said "but I hate windmill cookies" and she said that's what your sister said and I thought you both liked them. Uhhh, no we talked about them because we both hated them but ate them anyway. My daughter in law pipes up and says she'd take the cookies so I gave them to her. Then when she came for Christmas she wrapped the tin and filled it with candy cane fudge and she said I have to give it back to her next Christmas with something in it. I knew instantly when she handed it to me it was the windmill cookie tin and it cracked me right up.

Oh and DIL said windmill cookies really aren't very good. LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 PM

Up North,

I like this theme that You picked. it was interesting what some people will think of.

Laughter is always good. I don't laugh enough. I am going to start going to a " Laugh Yoga " next week.
I looked it up online and it is done in a church in the next town over.
IT IS on tuesday evenings. We take Ruthie to boston for her visits on Tuesdays so I hope that I am up for it by the time I get home.
I miss seeing You UP NORTH..at our our old hang out. I hope that I get used to this new BOARD setup soon

PEACE....ALICE
Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 AM

I had to laugh when I got three, yes THREE, cast iron cornbread pans for Christmas from my daughter and DH. I had asked my daughter for one, so she bought it. When she told her dad what she was giving me, he told her I really needed two of those. So, she went back and bought a second one. Then when he was out shopping he saw one and bought it too, thinking she might not get the second one. So I received all three for Christmas. That boy does like his cornbread!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:29 PM

This is a fun thread...I've already got ideas what to do for Christmas 2012! Thanks to all of you!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

I got a $12.00 sewing machine! I gave it to Charity.