Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect ~ besides fabric

Yarn, free Kindle downloads (300+), Boyds bears resins, dinner ware.

I no longer "collect" things but I do have a nice collection of "Memories Of Yesterday" figures which they no longer make and I have a doll collection. I also have a nice collection of Jim Shore things. As someone else above mentioned I too seem to now collect some dust!!
    Last edited by nygal; 03-15-2014 at 05:42 AM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Vintage sewing items, pin cushions, sock darners, old spools from spinning wheels, wooden thread spools, old needle packets, vintage sewing baskets, old embroidered linens, buttons and button boxes, milk glass, tea sets, anything to do with crazy quilting.

Collecting....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDee View Post
    Hi fellow quilters,
    I collect vintage Raggedy Ann & Andy dolls, Mary's Moo Moo's figurines and unusual rocks. What do you collect ? Besides fabric of course.
    I collect thimbles from our travels. My children have also gifted me many thimbles from their travels.
    Mary Jane Flikke

I don't call myself a collector mostly because the second you tell someone you collect something thats their focus of anything they wish to gift you and it gets out of control quickly. I do love antique and vintage items like Ube Quilting no point having it if I'm not going to use it. I have a few old crocks I use in my kitchen, and some vintage stemware, and aperitif glasses we drink out of makes me sad when one gets broken but at least it's not closed up in a box just sitting around waiting for a trip to the goodwill when I am gone. I love native amercan pottery, baskets, and blankets. Any truly antique or vintage pieces I have are for decoration, reproduced items are mostly used for vases or storage of small items, except the bow and arrows, and chest plate those are just for decoration.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I have a substantial collection of Dept. 56! Love setting up the displays as much as finding new patterns and cutting fabric!
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    patterns, cardinals ornaments, shot glasses and critters. I'm starting to believe the strays talk to one another and tell all where to find a warm bed and a meal. 4 dogs and 4 inside cats. My kids used to think I had a lot o fabric. 1 Rubbermaid tub. ha!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

My coffee table has a drawer with a glass top over it. I collect ceramic animal families but the space is full so no more.
    I get a lot of reaction from people who see it the first time. Kids love looking at all the animals under the glass top.
    Don't see as many animal family ceramics as I used to in the Hallmark stores.
    Some of mine date back to the 50's.

I collect miniatures. Chairs, vases, anything else I love. I'm finally getting pickier, and even giving away a few items.
    Lenette

Patterns and books. And covered bridges, pictures, metal sculptures, figurines, puzzles, cookie jars, napkin holders, anything covered bridge.

Blog Entries
    Books, mostly--also things related to children's books, mostly, Alice in Wonderland.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

At 79, I'm trying to not collect anymore. I used to collect salt cellars, Niloak pottery, old clocks for DH. Miss our good days when we would go looking for antiques. He's gone now and I allow myself one hobby....quilting.

Blog Entries
    Miniature books...baskets....

I collect nutcrackers, paperweights, and kaleidoscopes. That said, I am like Adamae. At my age And on my own, I have stopped collecting but I have made a list of all my collections with prices paid so when I am gone, my kids will at least know the value of my stuff. What they do with it is up to them!

I probably should add quilt patterns to my collection list although they weren't intended to be a collection! On my behalf, I have actually made some of them but an awful lot were "someday" purchases and someday hasn't gotten here yet!

Santa's and bells-
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Blog Entries
    dust and US stamps.

Blog Entries
    What a fun thread... my adage is "you can admire the dust, just please don't write in it!" Momma had a cross-stitch piece reading, "Dust is a protective covering for furniture!" and yes, we collect dust and dog hair...

MY collections are elephants (DH and I love elephants, and have too many... have slowed down that collection), and quilt patterns (I'll never never EVER make all the quilts for which I have patterns...). I'm thinking I'd like to collect thimbles, too... I have an old printers drawer that would hold a collection of thimbles. It's not very original, but we collect what we love, don't we....
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Blog Entries
    Royal Ruby glassware from the Depression. I have boxes and boxes full - don't even know what I have. Also, old ladies fancy hanky's. I probably had 200 and then my mother was volunteering at her church's rummage sale and an old lady brought in a shoe box full of hankies and she thought that they should sell them for 1 apiece - so, of course, Mom bought them all for me. Probably around 100 in the box!!! I have lots of ideas on using them in quilts, etc. but I have yet to do anything but pet them.
    Nikki in MO

I collect thimbles mostly the kind that are actually used. I also love small sewing kits and unusual pin cushions my most recent addition is one that I received from Mary.

Nothing, Flylady cured me
    And I'm hoping by late next year my stash will be all used up!! I've been on the fabric wagon since October 2001 It Can be done

What I don't believe it! No one on this thread collects UFOs or WIPs?

Blog Entries
    I collect sand from around the world, and colored gems, especially exotics.
    I also collect fancy or cute buttons
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I love and collect vintage sewing notions...hundreds of wooden spools...thimbles.. anything old that has to do with sewing and quilting and other crafts..yard sticks...buttons..sewing room is full..but love it all...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
    Books, mostly--also things related to children's books, mostly, Alice in Wonderland.
    Oooh, me too! I've gathered enough Alice & related fabrics to make at least 3 Alice quilts!

I collect miniature tea pots, old enamelware coffee pots, sterling silver jewelry.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast