Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect, sewing, quilting related? Besides fabric

Blog Entries
    I collect toy sewing machines, sewing machine teapots, sewing music boxes, vintage garment patterns, scissors, thimbles, unusal wooden spools, buttons, Jim Shore angels, tins, and of course sewing dodads.

I collect books.....all kinds of craft books....quilting especially

I collect hummingbird and penguin figurines, and of course, fabric!

pal
    I collect children's fairy tale books. And I love anything that makes
    me smile. One year for Christmas I bought my Mom a silly looking
    moose. She never really said anything about it. After a few months
    she said "Did you give me that Moose" I said "yup, Mom, I did."
    And she said "Every time I pass it on my way to the kitchen, I smile."

It doesn't get any better than that!!!!!

I have happy things all over the house - things that make me smile.

I'm a sewing hoarder. I collect sewing machines (8 at the moment, but 2 are vintage singers, 2 sergers and an embroidery machine), books, books and more books, ditto with patterns ( garment, quilting and accesory type projects), rulers and all kinds of sewing/quilting notions and gadgets.

Hoarding hugs,
    Lyn

I collect angels.

I collect anything with moose on it. rugs, pictures, figurines, night stand, jacket, clock, license plate , dishes, and on and on and on. Besides all my quilting books and supplies. Never have too many of those. Marge

Blog Entries
    I am collecting more books that are sewing related...just picked up 4 more today at the Thrift Store. :roll: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I forgot about the books, it's another addiction I have.

I have bunches of material an cross stitching books,qiulting books,craft books.colored penciles.I'll look for crafty things,wooden spools.

I collect plastic bins> to put my stash in :lol:

But really books, just about every subject, I'm a book aholic too!!

Banned
    Collect sewing machines (all vintage), Antique cars, Automotive memorabilia, Gas pumps, Neon signs, and Sewing memorabilia.

Billy

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    i seem to have a collection of scissors & rulers going sewing/quilting wise along with my every expanding fabric collection.

I also collect dolphins & Hummels. I just love dolphins!!!

Books Books and more books. I love magazines (quilting) even have some of my grandmothers books and magazines from the 70's my youngest daughter has just talked me into donating to goodwill some of my books and magazines since my husband just fininshed my sewing room. I still havent posted pics yet but will soon. ( I am so proud of my room and his hard work to make it nice) I also love anything with frogs on it.

Anything I can related to sewing/quilting. I have become a machine addict. I have 8, my daughter has one, so I can count 9. I have a few guitars, electric and acousitc, and a electric bass. I collect Enesco growing up girls for my DD, and quite a bit of dust these days. I have a collection of lighthouse figurines and SHOT GLASSES! Mostly the shot glasses are from places we visit...and magnets from those places!
    We also collect antique vehicles, with our oldest being a 1955. I just sold my VW Beetle.
    Other than my sewing-type stuff, I collect all the Nora Roberts and STEPHEN KING books I can! :D
    And I keep all my quilting magazines.

I also am a Wilton cake pan collector. I had over 60 when I counted last. THUS, my SN, although I don't do much work with Buttercream these days. I prefer to work with fabric when I have the chance. It's so much easier to clean up!

Dodge/Mopar Matchbox or similar cars. Anything Mopar or Dodge! I have been collecting scale cars similar to the real cars I've had. (and trucks/SUVs).

There was a thread way back when called something like "what do you collect" that you may wish to search for. Very good! ;D

it appears it is seam rippers! :lol: Just kidding, actually just looking at my sewing room it looks like a bit of everything!

Blog Entries
    Sewing-related: Thimbles
    Non-sewing-related: Russian Stacking Dolls

I collect Tom Clark Gnomes... Remember the Gnome Mobile movie?...
    j

I love anything to do with textiles, this past weekend I found a pair of cotton "carders" at an antique store, and bought them. I generally love old human powered tools.

Well, scissors and buttons, wood spools, and crochet hooks. Otherwise clocks, weather related items, rocks, fish and chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmajuki
    I collect Tom Clark Gnomes... Remember the Gnome Mobile movie?...
    j
    I remember that movie- Awww this makes me want to see it and show my kids. I found Darby and the little people a couple of weeks ago and made them watch it.

I only have a couple but am starting to collect figurines that have to do with sewing and knitting.
    Non quilt related- hmmmm do kids count? lol- We are really into fish. Currently - I have a 15 gallon fry tank. 125 gallon cichlid tank, 20 gallon long cichlid tank, 75 gallon cichlid, jack dempsey, and pleco tank. A 55 gallon planted guppy, ghost shrimp, and cherry shrimp tank. A 55 gallon cichlid, puffer tank. and a 1 gallon betta bowl lol Now my husband wants a salt water tank. I told him it has to wait. Right now we live in a trailor and had to build floor supports under the kitchen to hold the 125. I do know all the different types of cichlids that we have, but unless your fish people it wouldn't matter anyway lol
    I also collect figurines of frogs, fairy's, turtles, lizards, stuff like that.

Old silver thimbles and advertising thimbles as far as sewing stuff.

Non-sewing, it's crystals and fossils.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apparently, I am the board odd-ball. I collect nothing. I read over 100 books a year. At least 90 will be from the library and the rest will go to my dad as soon as I finish them. I own one cook book. If it's not in there, I'll get the recipe off the internet.

I can't stand old magazines and newspapers around. Frequently, I get in trouble for tossing them before people are done with them. Figurines need to be dusted and I'm too lazy for that. Clutter makes me crazy so there is no way multiple sewing machines will fit in this house.

Blog Entries
    I was given a thimble collection of a dear aunt before she passed--some are just beautiful. Have added to the antique notions from other family members. Have a small scissors which reads Henry Sears and Sons, 1865. It's a wonderful scissors to use.
    Non sewing--well I have over 75 milk bottles and tons of milk bottle caps; most of the bottles have the word Guernsey or Golden Guernsey on them (It's the breed of cows we milk--not the generic black and white kind!) And I collect oak leaves and acorns. Have several acorn Christmas ornaments.
    And folks it's not a stash--it's a collection of fabric :wink:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast