What do you do at 2 a.m.?

Old 05-23-2012, 06:58 PM

I empty the dishwasher, do a couple loads of laundry, dry and fold. With this done I can, without guilt, quilt the next day without a guilty conscience. Sounds like a plan......
Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 PM

With any luck, I am sleeping! If not, then I am reading. I am not one to get up out of bed usually. If I do get up, then I want to eat not work or sew. I make too many mistakes when sleep deprived.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:54 PM

My iPod is a great remedy for sleeplessness. I have an app with several kinds of Solitaire, those are usually enough to put me to sleep after 5-10 minutes. I also have a couple hours worth of old West Wing episodes on my iPod, I don't watch them, I put my earbuds in and listen. They're all dialogue, no loud explosions or music. When I'm stressed, my heart rate and temperature go up, I can't sleep and I can't stop thinking about what's stressing me out. Listening to those West Wing shows keeps my brain occupied just enough to let me relax and go to sleep. Works better than a Benadryl for me. I told my husband if my iPod ever croaked, I'd be in trouble!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:41 AM

If I'm still awake at 2:00 a.m., I take a sleeping pill. This happens more nights than not.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:34 PM

What do I do at 2:00 a.m. - I wake up from the couch and go to bed.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 PM

Play cards on the Acer tablet or read on it, watch a football game that I shoved on the tablet as an experiment, watch a recorded football or baseball game on the DVD. Try to convince the Snowshoe and the Siamese that I am entitled to some of the bed. I'd go downstairs and work on a project, but it disturbs the Vulcan I'm married to. He gets annoyed if I decide I want breakfast at 4A.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 PM

I keep my Kindle Fire by my bed and if I have trouble going to sleep I can read without turning a light on and disturbing my other half that goes to bed every night at 10:00 p.m. with the pooch. I also have trouble convincing the pooch that I'm entitled to at least a small portion of our kingsize bed.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
I HATE that! Happens to me more often than not these days. I go downstairs and read or play on the computer so as not to wake DH. He claims I won't wake him if I sew (upstairs) but I'm a non-believer. Sometimes I can get back to sleep at a reasonable hour but many times not. Being awake for 22 Hrs. plus really bites.
That sounds like what I do, too. Ever since my health has decided to go nuts, my sleep is all over the place. So being up at 2 AM can be because I haven't been able to go to sleep yet or because I've woken up. Mf DH says sewing doesn't bother him either but I just am afraid it will so I don't sew. I also try not to do anything too active, in hopes I can go to sleep again. So I read, play on the 'puter, watch TV, anything quiet. But I hate it. I lied sleeping "normally" so much better.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:09 PM

If I can't sleep I organize things that need to be done around the house, some times I bake, I read, I work on blocks (which I find I have to wake the thread ripper up early sometimes lol), I do laundry. I'm like SouthP there are nights where hubby is snoring so loud I'm literally wide awake so I just get up do my stuff he leaves for work and I can nap for a couple of hours
Old 05-27-2012, 03:28 AM

I try to rationalize that whatever is on my mind and keeping me up.....that at that hour there is not anything I can do about it. I try to imagine that I am floating in a calm pool of water.
Sandy