Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you miss most about your childhood? >

What do you miss most about your childhood?

What do you miss most about your childhood?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I miss the simplicity of life. I love all the technology, don't get me wrong but I remember every Sunday we were all home together as a family.
I also miss being excited about everything!! But I got to experience that again when my boys were little :) So much fun watching and participating in that!!
I agree...Our Sundays were spent either going to Iowa (a 1- hour trip that seemed endless to us kids!) to see our paternal grandparents or to visit other friends/relatives here in MN where we live. Stores were closed on Sunday, and for most everyone, it truly was a day of rest.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

my childhood!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:21 PM

The thing I miss most about my childhood is not having to wear a bra!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
The thing I miss most about my childhood is not having to wear a bra!
Guess I'm in my second childhood. The only time I wear a bra
is when I leave the house. LOL
Old 07-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

I just asked my DD and we both agreed that Christmases as a child were magic and everything negative was suspended for one day a year. :thumbup:
I do miss my little grandma who was a lovely person and lived to be 98 years old. She made quilts and now I make quilts and my grandbaby wants to learn.
I hope this is one of the things she will remember fondly when she is grown :XD:
Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM

We lived in old houses with the kitchen seperated by a screened in porch up a long path. All six of us (my mom, dad, 2 brothers and a sister) with no bathrooms and we were happy as a lark. Do I miss that time? Yes! Yes! Yes! We were all together. We still are except my Dear Dad who passed away at 45 yrs old. I miss him so much! I so appreciate growing up poor.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:58 PM

I MISS SUMMERS, WHEN WE LIVED IN THE HOUSE BACKOF MY AUNT.HAVING VEGGIE DINNERS FROM THE GARDEN ALL OF US TOGETHER. EATING OUT ON THE PICNIC TABLE.my dear sweet mamaw who lived right up the street.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:33 PM

I had a wonderful childhood, I'm an only child and grew up on a farm in KY, no heat, bathroom or running water but I thought everyone lived the same as me. I loved riding on the tractor with my Dad, picking blackberries in the woods with my Mom, watching my Grandmother quilt, playing outside or in my playhouse, swinging from the walnut tree, milking cows and really everything and I miss my Mom and Dad. As I get older, I appreciate all my childhood years and wish my kids could have had that experience.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:05 PM

Not one single thing. Childhood was horrible for me.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by quilter2
I had a wonderful childhood, I'm an only child and grew up on a farm in KY, no heat, bathroom or running water but I thought everyone lived the same as me. I loved riding on the tractor with my Dad, picking blackberries in the woods with my Mom, watching my Grandmother quilt, playing outside or in my playhouse, swinging from the walnut tree, milking cows and really everything and I miss my Mom and Dad. As I get older, I appreciate all my childhood years and wish my kids could have had that experience.
I could almost see this as you were describing it. Wouldn't it be great if the world was that perfect today. I miss my dad too, my mom is still here with me and I cherish every moment with her. Thanks for sharing. Doing without then makes us appreciate what we have today doesn't it? :thumbup: