Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what does this mean? in reference to NEW board >

what does this mean? in reference to NEW board

what does this mean? in reference to NEW board

Old 11-04-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by kbs View Post
Trying to get around in this new setup, but trying to read on this white background really bad, it makes my eyes hurt. Anyone else have this problem?
Not only do my eyes hurt, but all this white gives ne a headache. It's like being out in the snow all day & then coming inside. Snow blindness. This is going to be a BIG problem for me. Maybe I'll start selling sunglasses.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 AM

Trying to get around in this new setup, but trying to read on this white background really bad, it makes my eyes hurt. Anyone else have this problem?
It didn't bother me at first but the longer I'm here, I'm also noticing that it irritates my eyes and giving me a headache. Somewhere here there were directions on how to change the colors yourself but it didn't work for me.

I'm hoping that 'they' will be reading some of these and change to a more muted hue ... for instance the color of the strip where the 'reply, reply with quote might work good and then use blues where the tan/greenish area is?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 AM

I'm having a heck of a time too. What's the difference between things for sale and garage sale? "Classifieds" was just so much easier and it was the first place I went when I came to the site. What happened to the "photos" section? They were just so inspirational. Maybe everything's still here, but it's not easy to find at all.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:25 AM

try this .............go to bottom of page, you will see a default button-click and select mobile style.This will almost look like the old board.To see menu just click on top left side on Quiltingboard.
You can read and post on this format and anytime you want to go to the regular forum just hit Full Screen on bottom of page
Best thing, colors are so much better in this format.

Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
Not only do my eyes hurt, but all this white gives ne a headache. It's like being out in the snow all day & then coming inside. Snow blindness. This is going to be a BIG problem for me. Maybe I'll start selling sunglasses.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
I got the newsletter this morning and as usual right clicked on the topics I wanted to read and opened them in a NEW tab.
When I go to open that tab..say for instance the "goodbye friends" from NancyG...the page came up with a box that says "vBulletin message" and Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

what does that mean? where is the message....that happened to more than one of the topics I wanted to read!
Have you heard anything yet?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
I'm having a heck of a time too. What's the difference between things for sale and garage sale? "Classifieds" was just so much easier and it was the first place I went when I came to the site. What happened to the "photos" section? They were just so inspirational. Maybe everything's still here, but it's not easy to find at all.
Up there just above the line with the thread topic, see the word "Forum"? Click on it. A page comes up with a more familiar list of areas like pictures, recipes, general chit chat, etc. Took me 3 days to accidentally click on it, but thar it is! Dunno whether to laugh or cry.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:46 PM

I get that error and a few others too I figure it's just a glitch in the new system. I can get on the board with no problems just certain links don't work
Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM

I assumed the posts had been deleted too. Sounds like a lot of deleting!
I'm just looking at the messages that are easy to find. I have an unpleasant feeling all the time that I am missing out on other stuff.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
Have you heard anything yet?
that is the new-deleted by moderator.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:08 AM

Go to the bottom left corner of the page, to the "default"viewing ..drop down menu and pick the mobile viewing..it helps..colors are different.