Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What does your community do about bullying? >

What does your community do about bullying?

What does your community do about bullying?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:03 AM

My son was bullied by one of my "so called friends" ( I thought was a friend), anyway, I brought the matter to her attention, and she claimed that her son wasn't that way. The only proof I had was from my son telling me, as no one would believe me. So I went to the school, hid where the kids didn't know I was there and watched. Ended up in the superentenants office with my proof. The boy got expelled, with the understanding that if it happens again he would be expelled indeffinately. The mother refuses to acknowledge me when we are in the same room together, her hubby tries to act all tough, trying to be a wanna be biker (doesn't even own a bike). Just makes me sick! My hubby and I have been bikers all our adult lives, and trust me. Not one biker we know will allow our children to bully another. When we can we would ride with BACA, which is a grup of biker riding for "Biker Ahainst Child Abuse". we work with the kids to help them with their ability to stand up for themselves and not be afraid. I will do everything in my power to stop a bully, and not just because my son was bullied.......
Old 09-24-2011, 07:27 AM

One of my daughters was bullied on her way home from school..I had learned a few things from growing up in the WV hills, and in addition took her (and later the 2 younger kids) to a self defense class. I told her that I would punish her if she started fights, but she was allowed to return any hits.Not surprisingly, she never had any more problems with that kid. (Now, after being a Physician's Assistant, needed to be closer to her ill DH so is a guard in a Texas Jail!!!)