Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What does your Member name mean? >

What does your Member name mean?

What does your Member name mean?

Old 09-27-2019, 06:34 AM

Morningside Munchkins was the name of my child care, and I dropped the first part to make a shorter name.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:44 AM

Kalama Quilts was the name of an early business that has had a number of incarnations
Old 09-27-2019, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

my nickname was and still is by many relatives is Squirrelly.
My now husband (of 43+ years) thought it was appropriate when we were dating.
I was shy to use it when I came to QB and saw a cute mouse with a sewing
needle and i love red/pink dresses so I became Mousie and use to have a
MousePad on the Diaries section. I completely fell in
love with mousie and her escapades on the PDA's...good times, good times.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:54 AM

Don't know if this thread is because of LeonF's lovely pictures but I told my story here:
Ice blossoms
Old 09-27-2019, 07:24 AM

Nana named me Kitsie. My "real" name is Catherine. Because my last name was Hicks, saying my name, Kitsie Hicks was painful for me! So I go by Kit or Nana.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:38 AM

It may seem obvious, but there's a little story too... My sister used to call me "Cheshire" instead of my full name, Patricia. It was/is a treasured nickname as I don't have any others, really. I also happen to be a cat fan, and very fond of this one:

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-27-2019 at 10:00 AM. Reason: remove copyright pic, should have used link
Old 09-27-2019, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
My nickname is Zo and my married name starts with Z.

In highschool, believe it or not, when I of course still had my maiden name--which does not start with Z-- the cheerleaders on my squad nicknamed me Zozee. (Or Zozie? I never saw anyone write it, so who knows how it was spelled in our minds?) Whenever I sew for charitable fundraisers, my business name is Zo Z's Cozies.

For a username I thought about "zoz" which rhymes with "oz" which is a reference to Kansas, my girlhood home. But I wanted people to read it as two syllables, and I liked the highschool nickname-turned-married-initial connection.

Is that far more than you wanted to know? You're welcome.
Oh my goodness no, it isn't far more, it is wonderful. I love the stories behind the names people pick, thanks for taking the time.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Don't know if this thread is because of LeonF's lovely pictures but I told my story here:
Ice blossoms
Nope, this thread was out of curiousity (or nosiness) or whatever, I just enjoy the board. After talking with people for several years on here I have just wondered how the names came around to be choosen, thought it would be neat to find out. It doesn't have anything to do with anything anywhere, then one of those little things I tend to do (wonder). Used to drive Mom crazy when I was growing up, guess I never out grew it. I love and appreciate all the replies. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:57 AM

Well I'm 62 and have been sewing since I was 9 (4-H).....hence Still Sew N.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:06 AM

It's always interesting to hear the stories and the stories behind their pictures/avatars. A handle or nickname is always interesting to me on how people get them. In role playing games, a good character name is important, you are trying to sum up your character in that name. I've decided that Iceblossom is too long and now try for about 6-8 characters, most people just call me Ice, but it was perfect for that character and race/class and it was all perfect for me. I know it's hard to understand for non-gamers but I played Ice 2-6 hours a day for 6+ years, it's like having a character in a book. I am not my characters and my characters are not me, but we do have some similarities.

But the curiosity I understand In a similar sort of thing when stuck in traffic (because otherwise I don't see well enough) I like to figure out personalized license plates.

I like the double nn's in your name, I think it personalizes it well. It can be hard to get the names we want the way we want them and the double N plus Ann with an E all help.

PS: I have a theme song too. Of course it's Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. You got a problem, yo I'll solve it!

Edit: It's like having two theme songs in one because Under Pressure by Queen with David Bowie works for me too

Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-27-2019 at 08:12 AM.