What else do you make?

Old 06-21-2020, 12:39 PM

Default What else do you make?

What else do you make besides quilts? Just before the shut down I sold my HQ Fusion and bought a Innova 30” with Auto Pilot and GFE, and this means I have to learn a entirely new system. But in the meantime, I’m reluctant to churn out a ton of tops as I prefer to make a top and get it all done before starting another. I’m wondering what other items you like to make beside quilts? What are some of your favorite bag patterns? I’m looking for things to keep me busy!
Old 06-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

Kittenish Behaviour site has a sewing tutorial on the Necessary Clutch Wallet. They look like a lot of work but are sure pretty when finished. I think all the hardware comes from Emmaline Bags? You might look through her site as well.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:24 PM

Seasonal table toppers, table runners, Tote bags.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:59 PM

Table runners, place mats, pot holders, aprons, etc, but mainly quilts. When I get done with the handwork on bindings on the 6 quilts I have to do, I'm going to be doing a lot of smaller projects, using up some of the smaller pieces of left over battings.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:37 PM

Table runners, bags, purses, Clothes for my grandkids, American Girl doll dresses, door hangings for my mom in assisted living...the list is endless.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:59 PM

Jelly roll rugs tend to be my favorite at the moment, as well as jelly roll table runners, same as rugs, but 9-12 strips only.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:17 PM

Table runners, pot holders, rope bowls, pillow cases, medical face masks for children with CHD (Congenital Heart Defects), quilt blocks for charity quilts, Microwave bowl cozies, wall hangings, variety of types of bags/totes, etc. If it requires a needle/thread/sewing machine then I will make it.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

Sherri McConnell just did a tutorial on really cute potholders. That never wowed me but hers are so cute I may do some.
I've been in the mood to make small things too. I made a Mama and Daddy cat pillows with babies for my baby granddaughter
and it was so much fun.
I also just saw Erica Arndt make a cute bag to hold fat quarters or anything - really cute.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:30 PM

Besides quilts, I make purses and bags, some wearable art jackets, the occasional top, some specialty stuff for my husband and myself and pretty much anything that comes up that I want (or need) to work on.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:26 AM

I make Barbie clothes for my granddaughter's doll, a bit of garment sewing, thought these are not as fun or as challenging as making a quilt of any size. Pot holders and table runners are a lot of fun and great learning tools for new block patterns.