Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What have you learned by using internet resources? >

What have you learned by using internet resources?

What have you learned by using internet resources?

Old 09-09-2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by carender41478 View Post
I learned how to release a skunk from a live trap without getting sprayed. I really needed to know how to do that
Love this! Sounds like it was important!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Met my very best friend and soul sister on a quilt list
Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 PM

There is Bible research available that previously was only accessible at the seminariy library and then only to students. You had to have a student's ID to use the library, but now you can find many of those research books on the internet. That is also true of other subject matter. The internet doesn't replace going to college, but it sure does make research easier.

Also, the ability to research doctors and clinics, their credentials, etc. has helped me to select the last two surgeons that I've used. Blue Cross has a web site that is great for general health questions that has saved some office visits and led me to call the doctor on occasion.

I use the internet instead of my failing memory - who won the oscar for that prison movie in the 90's? That kind of thing.

I used a video to build a green house. Videos on youtube are great!

Last edited by TanyaL; 09-09-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:12 PM

I have learned: How to build a birdhouse, how to locate and print quilting/sewing patterns, how to find cooking recipes for most anything I want to try, how to buy stuff on E-bay and other sites, how to apply for jobs, how to order cheaper medications from Canada, how to play games and enter contests, how to print coupons for groceries, etc., how to get gardening help with plants/flowers, how to watch "how to" videos online, how to keep in touch with family and friends through e-mail and facebook, how to locate people's phone numbers and/or addresses, etc. etc.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:26 PM

When I had breast cancer I learned a lot about the disease, what to expect and where to get support .
Old 09-09-2012, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
That I spend to much time on the computer--- My son had to take my new one home to undo something I shouldn't have done and I had a small panic attack.So he hooked up my old one. So much for catching up on my chores while I had no computer Drats now I feel guilty for procrastinating. But I'm sure if I read another chit-chat I'll get over it : )
I know how you feel.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 PM

I've learned more skills and info than I can list. Of course daily, I learn new quilting info. Now that I have a Kindle, I download books so that I'm never without a book to read. E-mail and Facebook keep me in touch with family and friends. The shopping is endless with ebay, craigslist and virtual store fronts. It's like living in the library.