What I did today

Old 10-04-2010, 04:39 PM

Don't know if I would do a texture in a bathroom. No matter how careful I am about allowing moisture to remain in the bathroom, one day I look up and there is mildew on the wall or ceiling. Texture is harder to clean than a smooth wall...

I am not an obsessive cleaner by any means, but my shower gets wiped down daily specifically to avoid mildew formation. But "Mother Nature" finds a way.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by luv-e
I had the paper left on the wall after parer was ripped down. I bought one of those etching round things[? @ the hardware store] Then I strayed Fabric Softner on it wait 3-5 min. and it came right off. the rm smelled good too. You can use cheap softner too.
Did you put the liquid fabric softener in a spray bottle? I don't use fabric softener because of allergies, but if using it would take old wallpaper off my bathroom wall, I might be willing to suffer.

Started taking down wallpaper in our bathroom 2 years ago. I put the paper up, sized the walls - did everything as directed. It won't come off no matter what I do!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

I use to do these sort of things, always like to change things, finally ready to leave well enough alone. Everything is in good shape.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Our house is almost 20 yo and we had it built, so the wallpaper was some I had put up. The top layer stripped off easily, but the under layer with the glue was a different story. Thankfully it's all gone now except a little around the toilet. I think the kilz is a good idea since one of the reasons I was removing the paper was mold behind the toilet. If I put texture on the walls it won't be a lot, just enough to hide imperfections in the walls.I will be so glad to have this project done. Our bathroom is next but it won't be so hard as there is only paper (vinyl) on two walls.....
Old 10-04-2010, 08:24 PM
pal

Ditter, what about using the sandy stuff that they put on ceilings? That would be just a light texture. Also, there is a heavy wallpaper that is made specifically for damaged walls,

I started tearing down the sanitas in the kitchen and pulled off the top coat of the drywall so I'm going to have the same problem that you're having. Wish I had walked away instead of starting.