Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What kind of goats are on this fabric?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    I know nothing about goats... so can somebody help me identify what breeds or types of goats these are? (This is an up-and-coming fabric by Elizabeth's Studio.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

the ones on the very top and very bottom look like Boer Goats to me, the ones in the middle might be the same as they come in a variety of colors, but I know the ones on the top and bottom look just like the Boer Goats my cousins raised at one point.

the one's in the middle look like a milk goat, maybe a Oberhasli breed?

Billy?? :-)

I don't know what kind they are but they sure are cute.

I'd say
    Alpine goats, the type like Heidi had. They are milk goats. Boer goats are more for meat and they are stocky and have brown heads. We have Nubian milk goats, big goats with hanging ears originally African, and one Alpine.

http://www.google.com/search?q=alpin...=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&rlz=1I7SKPT_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1259&bih=772
    Eventhough it is Alpines and not Nubians I would like to buy that fabric. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    I know nothing about goats... so can somebody help me identify what breeds or types of goats these are? (This is an up-and-coming fabric by Elizabeth's Studio.)

Blog Entries
    They look like Goat Chops to me!! LOL

My dad got some Spanish goats and we kids were the shepherds for them. He also got two milk goats, I think they were Nubians, and my sis and I milked them and drank the milk. The goats on the fabric aren't exactly like ours, except in coloration, but their ears look too long. I don't know if Spanish is a breed or a term for a mix of breeds. I have had no contact with goats for almost 50 years.
    My younger sister has some Boers. They are technically sheep, but look like goats, much like some in the fabric above.

Nice fabric!!! :)
    Though I suspect it will be for a narrow market, as is the case for most farm fabrics. Nice to see the realistic print, rather than poorly drawn depictions.

When I need to know something about goats, I go right to the goats themselves.

http://www.goats.ca
    Go to "breeds" and you'll find true type pics and learn more about each breed. Just match your fabric and the pics! I think you must have just about every breed there!!! :)

Good Luck!

Blog Entries
    FABRIC GOATS :oops:

They sure are cuties, should sell well.

hmmm...I don't know anything about the breeds but it is really super cute fabric. Of course I think goats are really cute anyway! I might have to get some of that fabric when its available ;)

I was married to one and I wouldn't exactly use "cute".

hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kraftykimberly
    Billy?? :-)
    Started my day with a chuckle, thanks!

BEWARE OF THIS SITE. X RATED PHOTO ON PG 7. these are just photos off google. not of our quilter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    I'd say
    Alpine goats, the type like Heidi had. They are milk goats. Boer goats are more for meat and they are stocky and have brown heads. We have Nubian milk goats, big goats with hanging ears originally African, and one Alpine.
    =772
    Eventhough it is Alpines and not Nubians I would like to buy that fabric. Very nice!

[quote=great aunt jacqui]BEWARE OF THIS SITE. X RATED PHOTO ON PG 6. these are just photos off google. not of our quilter.[quote]

???

Cute fabric!