Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What other crafts do you make besides quilting?

I love quilting first.
    Before quilting, and sometimes now...I made a LOT of clothing, some stuffed animals, pillows, home dec stuff.
    I love to draw, but seldom do it, unless i need an applique or I will draw for my grandbaby.
    She and i do lots of kids crafts. If i could put a picture on here, right now, I would show you the snowman we made with cotton balls and a medicine bottle.
    I like cross stitch, though, again, i seldom do it.
    I have canned a lot of things, and in cold weather I love to bake.
    i have decorated some cakes, and i like to write whimsical poems.
    Some of them have been on this board :mrgreen:
    There are horizons waiting to be explored, but...when it comes to fabrics: I are addicted :mrgreen:

Hi, I'm Martha. I have done a lot of things, but haven't really stuck with it all.
    Right now, my 2 major things are quilting (i'm a beginner) and card making with rubber stamps and stuff.
    I have crocheted, cross stitched, made jewelry, sewn clothes (not very well tho), sewn book covers, I used to embroider my own jeans (in high school - in the 70s), I make Rhythm Beads for horses to wear (although I haven't done much lately), I have horses (they take time), photography, and probably a bunch of other stuff that i can't even remember.

I seem to be really good at new stuff, then my interest wanes. I hope its not like that with this - I am really enjoying the sewing and quilting - the artistic side of it is fun.

I do counted cross stitch and some needlepoint. I like to keep my hands busy when we are on the road. Besides quilting those are all the crafts that I've done. For many years I also made my own clothes but that stopped with kids!! :D

Besides being semi new to quilting, I sew clothes for the grandkids, cook, garden and work on trucks. I just put the carpeting in my husband's 53 ford pickup. This weekend I am going to install new points and all the goodies that go along with it. And my husband is going to work on the transfer case.
    Oh, and making a ninja costume for the cat, she informed me this morning that is her new profession.

I embroider, quilt, make purses, (various sewing crafts). I used to cross stitch and crochet but have become alergic to the yarn until after it gets washed :cry: so can't do that anymore.

I scrapbook sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Hi,
    I thought this would be fun to find out what other crafts we make. Please introduce yourself and tell us what crafts you enjoy.
    LOL - this sounds like an AA meeting. Hi, my name is Kathy and I'm a fabricholic.

My crafts are many. I'm a floral designer (owned my own store for 10 years). I make miniature pictures with artificial flowers in shadowbox frames. I do stained glass. I knit and crochet. I do counted cross stitch and needle point. I've sewn garments since I was about 8 years old and love sewing. I did a couple of weddings (just the bridesmaids and flower girls)) and decided that sewing for others was not my thing. I do make slacks and jammies for the grandkids but that's the extent of making clothes for others, unless halloween costumes count. I've done reupholstering. I make drapes and curtains. I make quilts, tapestry tree skirts (everyone in the family has one but me), table runners, place mats, hot pads, lamp pads, and anything related. I taught quilting classes for a fabric store. I like to sculpt. I refinish furniture. I collect Hallmark Ornaments. I make a holiday ornament every year for family and friends. And with all the little ones, lots of kids crafts right now.

Blog Entries
    Wow, we are all so talented. It is fun to make all types of crafts and I am so happy I started this thread. We can find out more about what quilter love to do (besides cooking and cleaning) ha ha

Come on members post so we know what other crafts you love to make!

Karen

Ok, here goes...
    Besides quilting, crochet, needlepoint, lacemaking (still suck at this), hand spinning, canning, scrapbooking, cake making, candy making, bread making, rug hooking. That's about it.

Hi my name is Dody and yes, Kathy I'm a fabricholic too.
    Besides quilting and sewing I enjoy stamping/cardmking/scrapbooking. I got into that hobby when I saw that I could finish a project in just a few hours! WOW! the appeal that had for me!!!! I've tried just about everything else but always come back to quilting & stamping. If you think fabric collecting is addictive you should see my stamps & decorative paper collection....geeze

Writing poetry (201 so far), photography, collecting blue glassware, and I used to crochet and cross stitch.

Hi! My name is Nancy and I also enjoy doing a lot of crafts. I do quilting, sewing, painting, knitting, crochet. I've done cross stitch, needlepoint, tatting - just about everything other than scrapbooking and jewelry making.

My mother taught me to sew when I was a small child. I made my prom dresses, a lot of my clothes and I even made my wedding dress.

The thing I'm most proud of is my cake business. I sell celebration cakes and wedding cakes. I've had my business for a couple of years. Although I'm not busy every week, it does give me a small income which I often use to fund my other interests!!

Here are a couple of my favorite wedding cakes:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grammynan those are just beautiful!! I love watching the wedding cake shows on TV. Your's look just as beautiful, I'm sure your clients were very happy!

Quote Originally Posted by *QuilterWannabee*
    I make dried flower/herb/oil filled drawer sachets.
    Wow that sounds like fun. Do you have pictures?

I used to do cross stitch and crocheting. Since I found quilting these have fallen to the wayside. I may start again someday.

I used to do a lot of different things, hand embroidery, a little crochet, and lots of knitting. Now I mostly sew and machine embroider, knit sometimes. I enjoy knitting because it is so portable, great for car travel.

Margie

I used to do a lot of cross-stitching but I'm not as coordinated as I used to be so gave it up. When I can't get to the machine or don'have fabric for my next quilting project, I do a lot of crocheting (making intricate doilies) and some knitting.

OOOPs, I forgot I used to do stained glass too.

Margie

Wow, we are a talented bunch for sure! I do all sorts of sewing from quilting (of course!) to clothes makeing. My other HUGE, and highly invested in hobby is scrapbooking. I love taking pictures, photography interests me alot so scrapbooking fit the bill lol. I have entered a few state-wide contests and placed in the top ten before :) I also have crocheted since I was about 6 yrs old at my grammy's side, and I love to bake :)

I am Diana from Oregon and I used to try to do it all; macrame`, painting, stitchery of every kind and the list goes on. I started quilting and almost immediately trimmed down the list of creative works. Then a year or so later, I trimmed it even further. I've been quilting for about 14 years steady and now I just quilt, do a pressed flower picture once in awhile, and make some jewelry . I still work on a couple of afgans and some day I'll finish them, but my heart belongs to quilting. Who could ask for anything more!?!
    YTQ

I do counted cross stitch.

I have two kilns and many molds. I was actively making porcelain dolls years ago. Now everything sits. My daughter ended up not liking dolls. She made me take them out of her room because "they were looking at her". I sold some and maybe will make some for my grandkids some day. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by ragdoll
    I do counted cross stitch.

oh, ragdoll, we need closeups of those, sweety!:-P slurp!

I made these scarves for my kids a few weeks ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2