Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What Pet Names do you call your loved ones? >

What Pet Names do you call your loved ones?

What Pet Names do you call your loved ones?

Old 12-20-2010, 02:52 PM

I have always called my daughter Peanut and my son Roo. They have never told me not to call them that and they are 15 & 14.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:27 PM

We call our oldest daughter Snookie, our son Pooh, and our youngest daughter Varmint. Her son we call Critter because we said what would a Varmint have but a Critter.LOL
Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 PM

My youngest daughter got the nickname Squeak the day we brought her home from the hospital becuz she had a very squeaky little cry. She is now in her 50's and still is called Squeak or Squeakie by all the family.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM

My husband is Mr. Beeze, my son is Pooh Bear even though he is 41 years old. I do not use these names in public. My nickname as a child was Bucky which my father would call out in crowded stores, etc. I also have other names for my husband, but proper decorum prevents listing those here.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:27 PM

My DH is known to many only as "The Bearded One." We even get Christmas cards addressed that way. Recently, the Bearded One thought (because of a sleeping disorder mask he might have had to wear) that he might have to shave his beautiful white beard. I shared with my group of quilties that this could be tough because now, after 38 years, I was gonna have to try to remember his name!

Thankfully, he didn't have to shave it off after all. Good thing too as I thought that then I'd have to switch to "Oh, Great and Ancient Wise One" or some such . . . nah.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

My DH dubbed Sarabeth Saresybaresy when as a toddler she kept running outside without any clothes on or Bare so he named her SaresyBaresy! She hates it!! She is 35 now with kids of her own and her kids and DH are forbidden to call her that on pain of death!! LOL But her dad has been known to call out to her in public Hey SaresyBaresy where are you?
She tolerates him saying it but NOONE else!! LOL

My MIL used to call her Sarity which I think is pretty, She would call my son Nathan Sammy if he went home with them and was being bad. She would say I must have brought Sammy home with me instead of Nathan! LOL
Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 PM

LOVE fuzzy but!!! LOL

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I call my hubby Sweetie Pie, my Son I call babydoll, my cat fuzzy but!!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 PM

I have called my DH Bare for years. He always looked like the sleepy Bear on the Travelodge sign, was grumpy as a bear, growls in his sleep like a bear, etc. It fit. He calls me Honey. I think he does because he doesn't know my name. LOL. I've named all my kitties in the past 12 years some form of bear. I had Boo Bear, Snoozer Snuggles Bear and now BarePaws, my current fur child. We are the BEAR FAMILY. My email is even BaresHoney because AOL wouldn't let me have the name I wanted. Don't remember what it was now. I don't have any nicknames for anyone else and don't have kids of the human form.

Originally Posted by Rhonda
My DH dubbed Sarabeth Saresybaresy when as a toddler she kept running outside without any clothes on or Bare so he named her SaresyBaresy! She hates it!! She is 35 now with kids of her own and her kids and DH are forbidden to call her that on pain of death!! LOL But her dad has been known to call out to her in public Hey SaresyBaresy where are you?
She tolerates him saying it but NOONE else!! LOL

My MIL used to call her Sarity which I think is pretty, She would call my son Nathan Sammy if he went home with them and was being bad. She would say I must have brought Sammy home with me instead of Nathan! LOL
Old 12-21-2010, 01:17 AM

Boy where do I start I have so many nicknames my oldest brother calls me Loush, my friends in MN. call me Dude, My girlfriend's son calls me DoDo. My son Larry was Lar or Lady Jane not sure why. My hubby is Hon. Dieter my dog is Shoot Boot he runs on only three legs as he hurt one of hind legs as a pup when he walks he uses all four. Fonzie my Silver dapple I call My Little Black boy his a black and tan with silver dappled. I call all the my nieces Sweetie. And you can call me anything as long as you don't call me late for supper!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Belmont
My DH is known to many only as "The Bearded One." We even get Christmas cards addressed that way. Recently, the Bearded One thought (because of a sleeping disorder mask he might have had to wear) that he might have to shave his beautiful white beard. I shared with my group of quilties that this could be tough because now, after 38 years, I was gonna have to try to remember his name!

Thankfully, he didn't have to shave it off after all. Good thing too as I thought that then I'd have to switch to "Oh, Great and Ancient Wise One" or some such . . . nah.
Love your avatar. Oh don't do the Great and Ancient Wise One, it will set women's rights back 100 years. My DH also has to wear the sleep mask at night for sleep apnea, but so far no nicknames connected to that. Our last name is Grove so he is often called "Grover." That is, of course you all know, the name of a character on Sesame Street. The little blue guy with the flier's helmet, which fits because my husband worked for Delta Air Lines for over 35 years. Well I certainly rambled on in your space didn't I? Sorry, I'm just wordy at 0700. Have a wonderful day with your wonderful Bearded One.