Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What a scare!

Blog Entries
    I thought my little toy poodle had gotten out this afternoon when DH went to the trash container. We hunted and hunted, called and called. No results. She is 8 years old and was given to me by my youngest daughter-whom we lost in the service of our country 11/07. So losing her would have been a real blow.
    After hunting and driving around, we came inside the house. DH sat down in his recliner and heard a squeak. Looking under the recliner, there she was. She had been trapped there when he got up earlier and never made a peep until then.
    What a relief!!!!
    I had even posted an ad on Craigslist.
    Now DH is going to treat me to a Twist Cone at Braum's Ice Cream Store. I deserve it!! :thumbup:

So happy that you found your little dog safe from harm...Naomi :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Power Poster
    so glad you found her and she is ok so sorry for your loss hugs

Blog Entries
    I think you should pour a little whiskey over that twist cone to calm your nerves!!!

Yes ma'm you do deserve an ice cream cone. I am so glad you found her safe and sound.

So Sorry for the loss of your daughter in 2007...God Bless her, you and your husband.

Glad your little fur baby was found safe....they can certainly hide in places they shouldn't. The recliner will be the first place you look for her the next time.

So glad she is safe. Had to chuckle though when you said she squeaked. Bet it was the best squeak in the world.

Shew! I'm glad you found her safe and sound. I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieR
    Shew! I'm glad you found her safe and sound. I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter.
    I can't say it any better than this

So glad you found her.

I have a friend who thought she lost a client's dog, lives deep in the country. She actually rented a helicopter to try to find her. The dog was under the deck!!

So ... lucky you didn't have the helio expense!

Blog Entries
    so happy you found your dog

Quote Originally Posted by tomilu
    I thought my little toy poodle had gotten out this afternoon when DH went to the trash container. We hunted and hunted, called and called. No results. She is 8 years old and was given to me by my youngest daughter-whom we lost in the service of our country 11/07. So losing her would have been a real blow.
    After hunting and driving around, we came inside the house. DH sat down in his recliner and heard a squeak. Looking under the recliner, there she was. She had been trapped there when he got up earlier and never made a peep until then.
    What a relief!!!!
    I had even posted an ad on Craigslist.
    Now DH is going to treat me to a Twist Cone at Braum's Ice Cream Store. I deserve it!! :thumbup:

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Thank goodness you found the little scamp! If I were going to Braums with you, I'd be ordering a peppermint ice cream cone, yum, yum! How I miss Braums!!

Jan in VA where peppermint ice cream is hard to find :cry:

bless you.

Blog Entries
    So glad she was safe, but mine would have made all kinds of noise.

So glad you had a happy ending!

tmg
    Our little dog did that once. I know how you felt when they get lost. So happy she was safe.

You got ice cream....what did puppy get????

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OMG this is exactly what happened to my toy poodle a few years back. We were at camp and the men took the big dogs for a walk. We could not find Kelli anywhere. We yelled and yelled. All I could think is out here a squirrel could kill her, not to mention a bear or a coon or a bobcat or......We took off in the car looking for the men to see if they had taken her along. We found them and no Kelli. I was scared to death. We drove back to camp and we heard her but still could not find her. Eventually we figured out that she was trapped in the recliner. I feel your pain. I am glad it turned out well for you too.

many years ago, lulu belly was lost, i lived in maneto north carolina at that time, i hunted and hunted, (now mind you lulu belly was a bassett), it was storming and sleating and just about as miserable as the outer banks can be, hunting, and looking and wearing a slicker, frozen all night, i finally gave up, really from dusk to dawn i hunted for that dog, never found her'''''''''''''then the next day...........i had spent hours in the shower to try to rid my self of hypothermia, i finally go to sleep, and thump, thump, thump, that dog was hiding under the couch all the time, it is one of the fondest and funniest memories of that dog, she was a rescue, and had run wild almost all her life till she came to me, she lived to be 19 years old, she was a blessing and a chore, but a darn good dog

i am sorry for the loss of your daughter, to lose a child is beyond my understanding, i will hold you in my heart

jan in florida

Blog Entries
    Oh man how scarey!!!!! Ours got stuck in recliner as puppy thank goodness they r small as. It can hurt or kill them. Taught her after that not to lie under !! Glad u didn't have to rent helicopter!! Lol. Mine choked on long piece oh grass last week and it was stuck cause it was wet! I was panicked!! Love our babies!! Sorry about your dd.

Glad this had a happy ending! :thumbup:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

I am so happy you found her!!! I'm so sorry for your loss. My son is a Marine, and I live in fear for what you've had to go through. Hugs and God Bless.

Blog Entries
    So glad you found your dog. My chihuahua hides under the recliner every now and then. Always make sure I see him before I recline.

awwwww....glad she was ok! I came home the other day, kinda the same thing, couldnt find my dog, I had shut the door to my sewing room and when I opened it, there she was! She had curled up under my sewing table and gone to sleep and when I left the room, I just shut the door!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast