what is it????

Old 12-28-2010, 03:14 PM

I think it's used to hold a book open.. You stick it down over the top of the open book.. holds the pages for you.. Maybe she used it to hold book open so she could read the instructions while she worked.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
Something for carding wool? A comb for someone with a very few hairs? Toothpick for the guys from Deliverance?
ROFLOLPMP...thanks :roll:
Old 12-28-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judie
I think it's used to hold a book open.. You stick it down over the top of the open book.. holds the pages for you.. Maybe she used it to hold book open so she could read the instructions while she worked.
I agree with this one..Looks like a book holder opener.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

yep, looks like something to hold "pages" in place.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:07 PM

I think you could "use" to make pom poms. :roll:
Old 12-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
So that is where it went! ;-) I have or rather had one. It is used to place over the top of the pages in a hymnal or music book to keep the pages open when you are playing the organ or piano. Hard to explain, but kinda like a giant paper clip. The 2 center prongs go either behind or in front of the pages and binding of the book and the outer 2 go in the opposite position (behind or in front of the pages). If there is a quilting use for it, I am not aware, but am open for suggestions...if I could just remember where I put mine! ;-)
Totally correct. I ordered one a few years ago with my initials engraved on it. I love it when I'm playing the piano out of large books. It makes it easier to keep the book open. :) Haven't found a quilting use yet.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:27 PM

So that is where it went! ;-) I have or rather had one. It is used to place over the top of the pages in a hymnal or music book to keep the pages open when you are playing the organ or piano. Hard to explain, but kinda like a giant paper clip. The 2 center prongs go either behind or in front of the pages and binding of the book and the outer 2 go in the opposite position (behind or in front of the pages). If there is a quilting use for it, I am not aware, but am open for suggestions...if I could just remember where I put mine! ;-)
YES YES YES I tried it and it worked. What a cool little thingie. You ladies are a font of knowledge. Thanks! Now I can keep the cutting instructions open while I work. How clever .
Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:14 PM

That is awesome, there IS a use for it in quilting! Keeping the pattern books open is a challenge sometimes....now if I can just remember where I put mine!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 PM

That is awesome, there IS a use for it in quilting! Keeping the pattern books open is a challenge sometimes....now if I can just remember where I put mine!
Don't worry it will turn up or your kids will find it when you are gone. I'm counting on my girls to find all my "lost" stuff after I go to the big LQS in the sky. They have no interest in quilting so I have given them a list of friends to come and take what they want...and then sell off the rest. Maybe they will sell you the "thing". I'll tell they to just send it to you. Thanks again for telling me what it is.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:52 PM

its is a very nice "music holder" -- to hold open a music book on the stand.

=)