what is it????

Old 12-28-2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by jeanneb52
A friend cleaned out her late mom's quilting goodies and this was part of my gift from her. Anybody know what it is? It is about 3.5" long and 2" high. I've never seen it and have no idea what to do with it. For all I know it's part of a Ford '75 Galaxy LOL
my first guess is that it's a hair comb. Appears to be metal, right? Does your friend know what it is?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
So that is where it went! ;-) I have or rather had one. It is used to place over the top of the pages in a hymnal or music book to keep the pages open when you are playing the organ or piano. Hard to explain, but kinda like a giant paper clip. The 2 center prongs go either behind or in front of the pages and binding of the book and the outer 2 go in the opposite position (behind or in front of the pages). If there is a quilting use for it, I am not aware, but am open for suggestions...if I could just remember where I put mine! ;-)

That makes perfectly good sense. Would work for all sorts of books. Now I want one~
Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 PM

Only 5 bucks
http://www.amazon.com/MindaMusic-065...3600958&sr=8-6
Old 12-29-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by jeanneb52
Originally Posted by nursie76
That is awesome, there IS a use for it in quilting! Keeping the pattern books open is a challenge sometimes....now if I can just remember where I put mine!
Don't worry it will turn up or your kids will find it when you are gone. I'm counting on my girls to find all my "lost" stuff after I go to the big LQS in the sky. They have no interest in quilting so I have given them a list of friends to come and take what they want...and then sell off the rest. Maybe they will sell you the "thing". I'll tell they to just send it to you. Thanks again for telling me what it is.
You are welcome. And thanks to you too :-)