Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are they thinking????? >

What are they thinking?????

What are they thinking?????

Old 07-01-2010, 04:16 AM

A while ago, it was about 10 pm and I was watching something on the Bravo channel. It seemed like the commercial breaks were lasting too long, so on the next one I counted the number of different commercials in that one break period. Seventeen! Yes, I said seventeen commercials in one break period. Granted, many of them were those very short pieces, but still! Seventeen! With that many, I doubt that any of them were successful, as I can tell you there were seventeen, but can't tell you what even one of them was advertising.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:40 AM

The McDonalds one has people getting into taxis and telling the driver not to hurry---they're wanting to eat their McDonalds sandwich. Okay, have they ever ridden in a taxi? NASTY!!! Might as well eat in a public bathroom! quote]

Eeeew! You think taxi are nasty. Couple years ago the computer van I rode in, the driver forgot me at work. ??? The compute is 51 miles one-way and I was left at work. Everyone headed my direction had already left so I couldn't catch a ride home. Long story short, the local PD said one of their officers would take me part of the way and another policeman would come that far and pick me up and take me back to where my car is parked. EEEeee! I can still remember the smell of the PD's car. I couldn't set up front with him: rules he says. I had to set in the back set where they put the bad folks. Cramped, my legs hurt, especially my bad knee that doesn't want to bend. I was afraid to set my purse and tote bag down because the seat had "stuff" spilled on it and the floor had "stuff" on it and even the heavy plastic barrier and wire that separates the back set from the front seat had blood smears and "stuff" on it. I don't know if that police car gets cleaned down once a week, or once a month or if at all. And the smell! OMG! Twenty miles down the road, we meet the other police car and I get out and transfer my sorry self to the next rig. That older policeman told me I could set in the front seat with him. I guess I was looking pretty shaken up by then. I looked in the back seat of his car and it was clean, nothing nasty spilled anywhere. When I got home I put all my clothes in the washing machine. Next day I had a little talk with the computer van driver, and why didn't she check the log sheet on who rode that day and I made no bones about the conditions I had to ride in for 20 miles. Yes, that McDonald's commercial is stupid.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by coralee
Originally Posted by KarenSimon
Originally Posted by KathyAire
I agree that 99.99% of the commercials are disgusting, goofy, or otherwise irritating But, I do have a favorite one that I haven't seen in a while. The Budweiser commercial with the Clydesdales playing football, kicking a field goal.
I love watching the Super Bowl just for the commercials of the Budweiser Clydesdales. Even if you don't like/drink beer, they are so much fun.
I absolutly love that Betty White Snickers commercial and the other Snickers one where the guy in the car is Aretha Franklin and he is the drama queen, guys wont admit it but if they are hungry they do act like that!!LOL
:thumbup: So right.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:32 AM

The ones I don't like are any that are brushing teeth. I do this in private, & it makes me sick to see someone doing their teeth. Some commercials they're even walking from room to room carrying their in use toothbrush.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:23 AM
JS

You got that right. That is the one that really iritates me the most.There are two of them and they play them back to back. Those two commercials bother me the most. But, what can you say...SEX sells everything in America these days. We are obsessed with thin bodies and sex. Happy to be obsessed about quilting and that my sons are now grown !!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
JS

Originally Posted by sharon b
Too many to list..... I agree really what are they thinking...

And Bob really irritates me :hunf: who cares how little/big he is :roll: Is it any of my business
My remarks under JS is for the commercial about this.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 PM

lol
Old 07-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
I agree with all of the above. And I think that Burger King guy is just plain creepy.
:shock: You have that right. I thought I was the only one!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Pam

Oh I grew up next door to a pervert window peeker, that Burker King is creepy to the max, remember when they started those he was looking in the windows!! Everytime I see that dumb thing I want to kick him in the shins, wish I had the nerve to do that when I was a kid, stupid pervert.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Banned

I don't like any of them. God bless. Penny