Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are they thinking????? >

What are they thinking?????

What are they thinking?????

Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 AM

Reading all these has made me laugh and has also brought back some memories of other "hate-able" commercials. The pay day loan commercials, the it's my money and I want it now are only there to rob people that can't manage their money anyway. Question: Why do ALL the women in feminine products commercials dress totally in white? "have a happy period" had to be written by a man---no one that's ever experience one would say that.

The commercials that I really like are the Snickers commercials with Betty White and Aretha Franklin.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Oh My! I have been sitting here laughing at the responses. Yes, I agree with all of you. I thought it was just me that found these ads offensive.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
The ones I hate the most are the Activia commercials where they're talking about the "noticable difference in my digestion". Ugh. Really, I don't need to know.

How about this -- what are your favorite commercials? My favorites are the Liberty Mutual Insurance ones where they show people doing kind things for others, paying it forward. "When It's People Doing The Right Thing It's Called Being Responsible"
I also hate this one too ( Activia) as well as Chef Micheal having an intimate moment with his dog about food. Get a life. So many are so gross, just too many to list. My ds said that he wanted to get his older sister that birth control that only lets you have 4 periods a year. One because she feels so bad & 2 because she is a total tazmanin devil. I do love the one about is your food fighting you where the taco is slapping the guy in the face (heart burn).
Old 06-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with the commercials that are on tv? What are these companies thinking? The main ones that irritate me are the Charmin and the new McDonalds ones. In the Charmin one, the little bear is holding a mirror looking at left-over toilet paper on his butt. "You can't pass inspection ....." Well, I'm 56 years old and have never been inspected for toilet paper left overs yet nor have I inspected anyone else. That's just stupidity in advertising!
The McDonalds one has people getting into taxis and telling the driver not to hurry---they're wanting to eat their McDonalds sandwich. Okay, have they ever ridden in a taxi? NASTY!!! Might as well eat in a public bathroom! The last time I had to take a taxi was in Chicago and the driver smelled like he hadn't bathed in months, the taxi wreaked, I coudn't wait to get out.
Can't imagine ever eating in one.
Does anyone else have commercials that irritate them?
I Live in NY, for channel 11 news there's an angry looking guy saying,"Yeah, I do it, you got a problem with it???" Advertising that he watches the news. so annoying.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:48 AM

I agree that 99.99% of the commercials are disgusting, goofy, or otherwise irritating But, I do have a favorite one that I haven't seen in a while. The Budweiser commercial with the Clydesdales playing football, kicking a field goal.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:02 AM

Wait till August. It will be back.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:08 PM

I love the one for Little Cesars dog food with the great Dane wanting to get in the bike basket and the large sheep dog trying to be a lap dog; the basket is smashed and you can't see mama's lap at all! I also like the one for Pepperoni dog treats where the dogs are holding up signs with what they're thinking.

I support them and think it's a great organization but the ones for ASPCA with the big sad eyes of the dogs and kittens reaching out through the bars and that lady singing the sad haunting melody...it haunts me.
Andii
Old 06-30-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Andii
I love the one for Little Cesars dog food with the great Dane wanting to get in the bike basket and the large sheep dog trying to be a lap dog; the basket is smashed and you can't see mama's lap at all! I also like the one for Pepperoni dog treats where the dogs are holding up signs with what they're thinking.

I support them and think it's a great organization but the ones for ASPCA with the big sad eyes of the dogs and kittens reaching out through the bars and that lady singing the sad haunting melody...it haunts me.
Andii
I know what you mean. I have to change the channel. I still cannot understand cruelty to animals as well as people.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:54 PM

We have a DVR, I rarely see commercials. In fact if my son and I are watching tv in real time, we will pause at the start of the show to allow fast forward time to build up so we can skip commercials. My husband gets annoyed with us because if a commercial comes on we get all grouchy about having to watch a commercial.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I agree that 99.99% of the commercials are disgusting, goofy, or otherwise irritating But, I do have a favorite one that I haven't seen in a while. The Budweiser commercial with the Clydesdales playing football, kicking a field goal.
I love watching the Super Bowl just for the commercials of the Budweiser Clydesdales. Even if you don't like/drink beer, they are so much fun.