What is with This Weather?

Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM

I can't seem to remember when the weather has been so wierd! Between the tornados, dry heat and fires, and downpours causing all the flooding. Is it me or are the weather patterns changing? I have waited for spring forever this year but it been so cold here for this time of year. And now that we are going to finally get warmer temps, it's going to rain and thunderstorm all week. Thanks for just letting me vent a little!What the heck is going on does anybody have any thought on this?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Google Goddess

I had heard it was the global warming (about weather from Alaska)
Old 04-25-2011, 05:19 PM

For the life of me, I cannot make any sense out of any way "Global Warming" can be blamed for colder and longer winters the last several years. This had to be the longest ever, at least for me, it was. And, although it was pretty warm today, like 80°, I do not doubt that it could snow again sometime in the next week or so.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
For the life of me, I cannot make any sense out of any way "Global Warming" can be blamed for colder and longer winters the last several years. This had to be the longest ever, at least for me, it was. And, although it was pretty warm today, like 80°, I do not doubt that it could snow again sometime in the next week or so.
I cannot wait to it to be 80!!!!! This dampness is horrible :thumbdown:
Old 04-25-2011, 05:31 PM

I personally think weather is cyclic except for the oil spill in the gulf this last year. I really feel the oil did not allow for evaporation as usual which contributed to the extreme heat we had last summer.

All of the above is just my opinion because I really have no clue.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:09 PM

It's George Bushes fault.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM

It is crazy here in Arkansas tonight. Tornadoes hopping and skipping all around us. Here's a pic that I took tonight from my front porch showing a funnel cloud as it went past us and finally dropped down into a tornado after it got past us.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189178.jpe  
Old 04-25-2011, 06:13 PM

This really has been one terrific year for strange weather - extremes of all kinds. Kinda tired of it all & would like for all of it to just go away and everything to return to normal.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:16 PM

I read a book a few years ago about global warming. They said when the ice cap melts, more moisture, will disrupt the heavens and we'll have tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. While I didn't believe in global warming, their predictions ARE coming true about the tornadoes and crappy weather. But, I still wonder if it's really global warming. If we hadn't had global warming for the last 1500 yrs, we'd have ice clear down to Oregon. They also said in the book that the oceans would rise...I haven't seen that happen!!!! I think it's cyclic....and we just FEEL like there's a lot of it happening because we never had the media/internet to inform us of what was happening on the other side of the US (or world). Remember -- we had dust bowl days and all kinds of things happening in the early 1900s and people at the other end of the states had no clue.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:43 PM

We have certainly had wild weather all over the world this past year! Another teacher and I were commenting this morning as we walked into school about how we felt like winter dragged on and on and we were so tired of winter coats. Now we are having so much rain and we are tired of wearing rain coats and carrying umbrellas! I even managed to dribble coffee on my rain coat as I struggled to put my umbrella down with my arms full. LOL As the mom/daughter/sister of farmers, my real concern is that we will have all this rain now and then during the growing season (provided it ever dries out enough to plant the crops) we will have a drought.

We have a huge yard (6+ acres) and DH has yet to mow it for the first time! It has been too wet when his schedule would allow him to mow. Hopefully, he will get a day here towards the end of the week and be able to mow.