Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are you giving your pet for christmas

Blog Entries

What are you giving your pet for christmas

I'm giving my precious Zoey, a Russian blue kitty, a real pearl necklace. she broke her last one and woke me to tell me it was on the floor in pieces. I have to give her real so if she ingests it she can digest it. She will also be getting 2 bags of treats. she is precious to us.

So what are you getting your fur babies?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

homemade doggie cookies. When my DH made them, I thought he made himself lunch and neglected me because they smelled so good. Nope....they were dog treats.
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Blog Entries
    I have 5 Grand-dogs. I have 5 bags of treats, and 4 bags of big doggie bones for chewing. I have a box of chocolates for grandma.ha,ha.

My fur baby Java has three new toys for Christmas. Hopefully, he won't kill them very quickly. He is expert at finding the weak spot and destroying them.

Quote Originally Posted by lyndaj View Post
    My fur baby Java has three new toys for Christmas. Hopefully, he won't kill them very quickly. He is expert at finding the weak spot and destroying them.

Mine too! I find the Chuckit balls pretty good. He's never managed to destroy one yet. I've gotten my four-legger a weeble wobble treat puzzle and an antler. I swear he's too smart for our own good. ;o)

I have 2 dash hounds and a chihuahua they are getting bacon strips, crackers, and bone marrow bones.

the one dash hound is getting a squikey toy he is the only one that plays with them and tears them apart.

and alot of hugs and kisses too
    Have a nice day and a safe one too!

Blog Entries
    Our pup will get a new squeaky toy and some biscuits. The cats don't get anything. Maybe some treats but they get canned food every day which is like a treat. lol. They're outdoor kitties (we live on a farm) and they have real live playthings like mice that they prefer over toys.

Blog Entries
    Shhhh, don't tell Oscar, my ugly little dog who is in contention for Ugliest Dog, but he is going to get not one, but two new dog beds. One for upstairs beside my own bed, and the second for beside the TV. Oscar also gets a package of mini tennis balls.

My cats get a can of salmon.

The feral cats I feed have been getting a can of cat food with their kibble each night this week.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Blog Entries
    so glad to hear everyone is spoiling the fur baby properly. I once made dog biscuits for my brothers dogs years ago. a big hit and they tasted good too. I know what your talking about KIM about them smelling so good. I also made cat treats once, Never again. I put a lot of cat nip in them and then rolled them in cat nip before baking them. I put the kitchen fan on, later when they were done, I looked out the door. about 10 neighbor kitties were smelling the kitty pot cooking.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I got my granddog Snickers a box of stinky gross dog bone things like kneebone, kangaroo tail, bully sticks, trachea and other icky things. Then I also added 2 tiny squeaky toys. He's my little guy!
    Lori

I did have deer antlers bud Leah found them a couple of weeks ago lol. They have an Internet huge ball, two balls on a rope and a nerf throwing toy. My dad and my brother in law usually bring them dog biscuits or dental chews.

Blog Entries
    Mine share my dinner with me just a spoonful in their bowls. They think it's Christmas, oh it is. It's the only time I share this way.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Every day is Christmas for my fur babies. Spoiled rotten works!
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    so glad to hear everyone is spoiling the fur baby properly. I once made dog biscuits for my brothers dogs years ago. a big hit and they tasted good too. I know what your talking about KIM about them smelling so good. I also made cat treats once, Never again. I put a lot of cat nip in them and then rolled them in cat nip before baking them. I put the kitchen fan on, later when they were done, I looked out the door. about 10 neighbor kitties were smelling the kitty pot cooking.
    Oh that's a hoot! Thanks for the laugh. Oh gosh, that is too, too funny!

My kitty Leroy, who lives with me, got a Christmas collar and is getting a new scratching box (shaped like a candy cane!). My boyfriend's cats (who I also consider my babies) is getting a laser pointer, some little balls with bells in them, and a bunch of treats. I also got a treat launcher for my bf that the cats will just love. And for his dogs they are getting some treats (milkbones decorated for Christmas) and some squishy balls that look like snowballs.

I have a mini doxie - Grace - she is 8 mos old and full of the devil. She made my Christmas tree faint. LOL She has been undecorating the tree almost daily - one ornament at a time. But I love her anyway. Her favorite gave is playing ball. She is getting a stocking full of balls, and a few stuffed toys.
    Fabaddict

I have three dogs, one is a 6 month old puppy. I made them fleece bones with their names embroidered on top. Blue fleece for boys, pink fleece for girls. When my daughter saw them she asked if I would make them for her dog and her friend's dogs and cats. I filled the dog's bones with polyester and the cat's bones with catnip. I felt like I had a manufacturing facility since I made so many. Fleece does not ravel like regular fabric.
    Carmen E.

One gift I gave early, a second glow in the dark chuckit ball so we can play when I get home after dark. (I have two crazy for Chuckit dogs and I only had one glow in the dark ball)

One takes good care of her toys and doesn't destroy them, the boy destroys his toys which in a way is a blessing because he is also one to make a squeaker toy squeak endlessly. He will lay on the floor with it and squeak squeak squeak. Eventually though he destroys the toy and tears the squeaker out. So they are both getting new flatty toys. They are like stuffed animals only with no stuffing and a couple of squeakers inside. They seem to last a wee bit longer and they are extra fun for the dogs to "kill" because they can grab them and shake them. The cats will get special food treats and extra loves. They really don't play too much with toys anymore.

Blog Entries
    *** A can of tuna. She loves it.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

The 2 senior bassets, Gracie Allen and Clyde Kadiddlehopper will enjoy special treats and 8 month old Benjamin Button is getting a devil Kuz.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Blog Entries
    Don't you just love hearing how everyone is spoiling their furbabies? it's so good to hear. I wish I could spoil all the strays I see.

I wish I could have a pet but not being able to drive leaves one in a lurch if the pet should get ill.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

My furbaby is getting one of the Road kill toys that has about 10 squeekers in it. Maybe she will make it through the whole day without getting all of them out. She love to get them out, so we have to watch for the choke hazard. Its a play with me time toy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I wish I could have a pet but not being able to drive leaves one in a lurch if the pet should get ill.
    Maniac do you have a mobile vet in your community? We have a lovely one in my town. She used to practise at a clinic, but now comes to people's homes.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Fuzzy pants is getting a box of Mini Milk Bones, she has an over the top sensitive stomach which requires a special diet and she has a tendency to be fat with her fluffy. Toys don't thrill her much anymore. Poor baby gets skimped on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast