What are you reading now?

Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by MinnieKat
I've read most of Nevada Barr's books ... her main character is Anna Pigeon, a park ranger who gets transferred all over the US.
Love the way she sets her stories in National Parks! I will probably never visit them in person, but thoroughly enjoy reading about them.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by trolleystation
The Help. I was offered this book by a dear friend. Could not put it down. I learned a lot. Also have recently read Wish You Well by David Baldacci. Good story about family.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE David Baldacci's Wish You Well - it is one of my all time favorites.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
Just got back from the library, got Janet Evanovich's fifteen and sixteen....and 2 of Nevada Barr's books=--on the recommendation from this thread....hope their good!!!!!
I can't read the Stephanie Plum books in bed - they are LOL funny, which wakes DH.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:18 PM

Some authors I like S. Wiggins, David Baldacci, James Patterson, Dean Koonz, Richard Paul Evans, Wanda Brunletter, Cindy Woodsmall, Beverly Lewis, Barbara Delinsky, Karen Kinsbury, Debbie Macomber, Nora Roberts, Mary Higgins Clark, Daniells Steel, Nicholas Sparks.

There is a site Simple Truths where you can get books on life in general. Can get books on health written by Bruce Fife, N.D. My neighbor is a librian so get tips from her on good books. Listen when driving and/or working around home.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:28 PM

Just finished Beach Music by Pat Conroy for the second time. This is one of my favorite books. Also like the Patricia Cornwell books with Detective Kay Scarpetta, and James Patterson books with Alex Cross. I like the John Sanford "Prey" series too, with Lucas Davenport. I read Mistaken Identity by the Van Ryn and Cerak families. This is the story of the two young girls involved in a car accident and their identities were mistaken at the accident scene. One of the girls died in the accident. Her family was told she had survived the accident and she was in a coma for five weeks before it was discovered she was not their daughter. The other family buried the second girl thinking their daughter had died, when she was actually alive and no one knew her true identity. This is a great testimony to the Faith and love of both of these families. A very heart warming read.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:43 AM
Banned

large book of three of John Connolly. read only murder/thrillers.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower sue
I'm almost finished with "An Echo in the Bone", the 7th book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Its awesome !
I've been reading those, need to find the forth book, you wouldnt happen to know the name of it?
Mikki
Old 01-29-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Becca Bear
Just finished Beach Music by Pat Conroy for the second time. This is one of my favorite books. Also like the Patricia Cornwell books with Detective Kay Scarpetta, and James Patterson books with Alex Cross. I like the John Sanford "Prey" series too, with Lucas Davenport. I read Mistaken Identity by the Van Ryn and Cerak families. This is the story of the two young girls involved in a car accident and their identities were mistaken at the accident scene. One of the girls died in the accident. Her family was told she had survived the accident and she was in a coma for five weeks before it was discovered she was not their daughter. The other family buried the second girl thinking their daughter had died, when she was actually alive and no one knew her true identity. This is a great testimony to the Faith and love of both of these families. A very heart warming read.
I adore Pat Conroy and Beach Music is my favorite!!

I am reading The Persimmon Tree by Bryce Courtenay. I'm reading my way through his books now, since The Power of One and The Potato Factory sucked me in!

Have to go back now and read through the whole thread for recommendations!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
The best book I ever read has got to be The Shell Seekers by Rosemund Pilcher. I just LOVE all of her books! I've also been reading the Outlander series by Diana Galbadon and I'm hooked.
I also really enjoyed The Shell Seekers! Loved the story. I was sad when I received my Kindle, that her books aren't offered yet. That's okay--there is a selection at the library! I'm looking forward to reading more Pilcher.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:23 AM

Pilgrim's Progress
and Your God is Too Small
and Woman Thou art Loosed
Knowing God
Beloved