What are you reading now?

Old 01-28-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I just finished one called "Creepers"by David Morrell. This is a name given to "urban explorers", people who sneak into abandoned buildings and tunnels etc. and explore them. The book was really well written and kept me interested all through the book!! I really enjoyed it!
There was a show that had people like that as a main focus. I believe it was the Detroit cop show. I had never heard of that behavior before. Not for me.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:44 PM

I just finished Jodi Picoult's "Handle With Care". Excellent book. A gift from a granddaughter. I will return it to her to read. I love the fact that so many of my family enjoy reading as much as I do! I often trade books with them.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 PM

I'm almost finished with "An Echo in the Bone", the 7th book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Its awesome !
Old 01-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by bj
Originally Posted by MinnieKat
I've read most of Nevada Barr's books ... her main character is Anna Pigeon, a park ranger who gets transferred all over the US.
Right now I'm reading "Borderline" by her. I just finished the one set in New Orleans that dealt with child trafficking...did NOT like it. Made me too sad. But it had references to the one I'm reading now, so had to go back and read this one. I also love her books. I think this is the only one I haven't read. It's set in Big Bend, so finally a park I have some first hand experience with! Her books make me want to take about a year and just visit all the National Parks in the US.
I used to be a big Nevada Barr fan until I read Winter Study. Was so....don't even know what the word would be. Probably will not read anymore.
Finished Dean Koonz's Breathless a few weeks ago. Different, but good.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:46 PM

The best book I ever read has got to be The Shell Seekers by Rosemund Pilcher. I just LOVE all of her books! I've also been reading the Outlander series by Diana Galbadon and I'm hooked.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:05 PM

I'm currently reading "The Hot Flash Club" series by Nancy Thayer. I'm finding a lot of kindred feelings with her characters!

I'm a lover of Janet Evanovich and Jodi Picoult books.

I keep a little notebook (alphabetized by author) of books I've read. I hate starting a book and realizing that I've read it before. I also will not finish a book that I dislike intensely just because I started it.

Sue
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 PM

just finished "The Slave Across The Street" , a tru story by Theresa Flores...... think that white slavery does not exist here in the us? well, this story will tell you alot. good reading, and also, good info . to warn others about.

jacie
Old 01-28-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by RkayD
I am reading...listening to it on CD actually..the Help by Kathryn Stockett . When my book club started this book I wasn't quite thrilled. There were so many others on the list that appealed better to me than this one. But I went to the library to see if they had it...darn it...only on audio. Well..let's get it over with..I said to myself...I was glued to the story before the first disk was over. =)
Read that one also...it does reel you in! Good book.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:46 PM

Just finished Crescent Moon by Clive Cussler.
If anyone hasn't read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson plus the two that followed...it's well done...
although I did have to remind myself of what country this author was from and that life styles are different in different countries..and reading is learning.
Also read any by James Patterson.
Will be starting "An Irish Country Girl" by Patrick Taylor...a new author to me...and to be a favorite it seems as I recently finished "An Irish Country Christmas" which introduced me to this author.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lucymae
Originally Posted by MrsM
I am reading "In the Company of Others" by Jan Karon. It is part of the Mitford series. About a Reverand and his quiet town, very enjoyable characters. I also just finished reading "Darkly Dreaming" the book that launched the Dexter series on HBO.
I am reading the new Jan Karon book, too, I just love her. I have all her books. This is myfirst new one. I got a gift card and used to buy it off the shelf!!!

I also love Earlene Fowler. I have read all the ones with quilt name titles. I love to read :mrgreen:
I am reading Sunshine and Shadow by Earlene Fowler.

8-)