What are you reading now?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 AM

I'm reading "Cutting for Stone". It's wonderful.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:06 AM

I'm an avid reader! Most of my books come from the local library.
Just finished "A Day with a Perfect Stranger" by David Gregory. Read the 1st one "Dinner with a Perfect Stranger" a couple of months ago.
Just started "The Girl in the Green Raincoat" by Laura Lippman.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 AM

I just finished "The Inn at Angel Island" by Thomas Kinkade and am now reading "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:48 AM

I just finished Beyond Reach by Karin Slaughter.

Synopsis: A RIVETING TALE OF MURDER IN A SMALL TOWN, A TROUBLED WOMAN COP AT THE CENTER OF IT ALL, AND THE SHOCKING SECRETS THAT KEEP A KILLER JUST...BEYOND REACH

I enjoyed it. I give it 3 1/2 - 4 stars. Many of the reviews I read indicated that her follwers weren't real happy with this book. They didn't feel it was up to her other books. Some even went as far as saying they were pissed off because they wasted 2 days reading it and they were disgusted with the ending! I never read this author before, so I had no comparison base. I wouldn't say the ending was totally unexpected... it had a definite twist & now another book needs to follow cause justice wasn't served :)
Old 01-28-2011, 06:49 AM

Im a real avid reader, everything, mostly reference and history - (w/ the exception of lite romance). I just finished "Come Again No More" by Jack Todd. Its the 2nd of a trilogy, but I didnt know it until I finished, it reads just fine. I have to say this is one of the best books I read for general reading in a long time. (It makes you think of Grapes of Wrath - about people living thru the dust bowl and depression) set in the upper midwest/ northwest - which was nice since I dont read much about that part of the country. The author has a way of weaving a scene with words that is just like piecing a quilt in your favorite colors. Even though it was written by a man he has a real feeling for how women lived and worked in a time that was very trying. sharet
Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 AM

I am reading 2 at the present time: One for knowledge (Teachers of Good Things by Francie Taylor) and one for pleasure (Ever After by Karen Kingsbury) and of course my Bible with bible study.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:18 AM

If you like hot & steamy, try the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. This is a vampire series like no other. You get to know each of the charaters and discover how these vampires are sooooo not the typical vampires we normally read about! It took my about 1/2 way through the first book to 'get in to it' and then I was hooked! I read all 8 books in the series. Man-o-man! I would have to say the steamy scenes got a bit repetitive, but I really enjoyed the books in general.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:18 AM

For all you dog lovers, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Just finished a great mystery that is very thought provoking at the end, Black Friday by Alex Kava
Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 AM

Great topic, by the way. Have jotted down lots of titles.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 AM

My neighbor and I have a friend that purchases Guidepost books. We are currently reading the Patchwork Mystery series. Just finished Pieces of the Past by Susan Page Davis.