Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are you thankful for??? >

What are you thankful for???

What are you thankful for???

Old 09-26-2011, 11:09 AM

Being there when mom got vasuclar Deminthia ( now alzheimers) and I was able to care for her for 7 years at home before having to place her in a nursing home. Now that Hospice is with her I am thankful everyday I got to help her, share these last few years with her. I am thankful for things I learned about myself. She has seen many of my quilts and loved them all. I am thankful I have quilting to take my mind off things, my job and a wonderful quilting bee. and quilting retreat buddies. Thank you for asking this question
Old 09-26-2011, 11:54 AM

Yes I agree bad days are how we learn.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm thankful for all of the things mentioned above this! I am thankful for the men and women who, everyday, put their own lives on the line for each of our freedom! God bless and keep them safe to return to their own families! I know they pray everyday for safe keeping! Thankful for a Darling Husband who supports me, not financially, but through every word and deed, he just bought me a long arm with part of the inheritance from his father who we lost Dec.23,2009! ( we lost my Daddy April4,2011) so sad we lost them but still thankful that Thayer are not sufferingmanymore! :-)thankful for the days like today that I can sit outside in Texas and enjoy it and not fry, and not freeze! Thankful for children who are good people, kind, and loving people, a sil who is pretty great,too! And last but certainly not least, for our GrandBoy, who is the light of our lives! Thanks for reading...love to all and thank you for being here to read my ramblings,truly yours,
Mary Jo
Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 PM

Thankful for DH who is not only my soulmate, but he understands my need for my quilting and my quilting gadgets.... (machines etc.)... he never complains and is happy to take me to all the quilt shows etc. My DD's who are the light of my life.... all the rest of my family, my health, my home... and in general how wonderful my life has turned out to be (although it didn't start out that way).

Hugs
Old 09-26-2011, 12:20 PM

I'm thankful for my wonderful family and all my cousins and their families, (at my age have no Aunts or Uncles left)for waking up each morning in a beautiful room my daughter decorated just for me, for being able to leave my sewing mess set up in her dining room, my faithful little fur baby and comfort, peace and love in our home.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Thankful for my Family, Friends! I am Alive. What more can I ask for.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:29 PM

We have two children with Usher Syndrome (vision & hearing loss)...Cori & Jr had stem cell procedure in Mexico & it helped Cori a lot...even stopped a kidney/bladder issue she's had her entire adult life (it's actually congentital defect..but flared after her first child)...after the stem cell procedure (6 mos) Cori had cataracts out...went from 20/400 to 20/35 and 20/40...what a blessing technology is...wish we had stem cell procedures in the states. This procedure used cells from live birth placentas.

Originally Posted by lynnie
I'm a very thankful poerson, but most recently, i finally found aneye doctor that could preform the operation i needed. after 8 surgeries on my eyes, with corrected lenses i will now see 20/40 in my left eye!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am sooooo gratful for that!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 PM

Today is my sister's 75 bday. I'm grateful to have in my life. My other 3 sisters also. 2 brothers, a wonderful hus band,daughter and 2 sons.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:35 PM

I am thankful for God's love and forgiveness and for the many blessings He has given me.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

I am thankful for having my belief in God and his many blessings. A very supportive DH who gets a kick out of my quilting and is my enabler. A beautiful family, warm home and plenty to eat with just enough leftover to give to charity. Of course lots of stash and supplies to keep me quilting to the end of my time. I am very thankful with all these blessings:-)