Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is your fabvorite pudding? >

What is your fabvorite pudding?

What is your fabvorite pudding?

Old 10-11-2011, 12:32 PM

yum!!! can i have the recipe? all i know how to make is the stuff in the box ;-)
Originally Posted by Rosyhf
oK, I just know we love pudding lol. I cook my own. Tonight I made chocolate. I cook the cocoa and add Bird's English custard (I acutally found it in puplix)

I like just the custard flavor or the chocolat.

I wait until the skim on top gets real thick lol...then I push it to the side, and scoop out a little pudding bowl full. Then I take my wooden spoon and the pot and go in the studio and eat the skim first and then the pudding and then the bottom of the pot ahahahahha

Hubby came in and said, "I heard a scrapping, look at you, chocolate on your nose and all over you face." he was laughing and I was enjoying...tomorrow I will eat that cold one before he can get to it...he always hides it way in the back but I always find it......when he does remember, it's too late. hahahahahha
Old 10-11-2011, 12:40 PM

Yolando, just get the bird's custard and follow the directions, but before that, cook 3 tbl of coco in 2.5 cups of milk with enough sugar to taste and then add the custard powder....instead of sugar I use and add enough condensed milk to to sweeten it to my taste....if you can't get the Bird's, used 2.5 tbl of cornstarch desolved in some of the milk first and then add to the cooked coco.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:41 PM

My favourite is the good old Irish Christmas pudding with butterscotch sauce. The pudding has to be steamed for three hours and is full of potatoes, carrots, raisins and dates. It has to be a brown sugar butterscotch sauce with no rum flavouring. Nothing brings back memories of home like this decadent dessert!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
My favourite is the good old Irish Christmas pudding with butterscotch sauce. The pudding has to be steamed for three hours and is full of potatoes, carrots, raisins and dates. It has to be a brown sugar butterscotch sauce with no rum flavouring. Nothing brings back memories of home like this decadent dessert!
Potatoes Shelbie? white ones?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 PM

Yes white potatoes are grated and go in the Irish pudding Rosyhf. The carrots are grated too. It's a really simple receipe, no exotic ingredients and can be mixed up in short order. The time consuming part is steaming it for three hours and not letting the pot boil dry or your pyrex dish cracks. The butterscotch sauce is made separately and poured over the cooked pudding. There's nothing like it. I make up batches and give them out to special people at Christmas.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:17 PM

gosh, I dont even think about pudding, but now that I did, I do love tapioca, and bread, and there is this stuff they sell around fall holidays called pumpkin spice nad tastes like pumpkin pie! yum! sharet
Old 10-11-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Bread pudding
This is also the only one I eat. I usually have to make it, because what I find in restaurants is usually pretty blah.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Coconut cream is my favorite!!! :wink: :D :wink:
Old 10-11-2011, 02:02 PM

I'm lactose intolerant so pudding and I don't get along so well.....but when I have to have it, and can find it----the instant chocolate mint pudding is THE BEST!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Chocolate...always. I do have a bread pudding recipe that
is more like custard than what a lot of people make. I really like thatand my husband definitely does not. Soooo.
guess who gets it all. I even eat a bit of it for breakfast; after all it's just bread, milk, sugar and eggs.