Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite Christmas gift?

I got a $50 gift card to HOME DEPOT to start work on my first barn quilt-----------don't be expecting pictures any time soon. LOL

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia
    My favorite gift was getting to see my brother. He came out to surprise me for my college graduation, which was on December 17th. Complete surprise. He had been in Afghanistan for almost a year (he is in the air force). I don't get to see him much-he is stationed in Colorado. It really meant a lot that he went through all of the trouble (and money) to fly out to see me (I live in California). He was having trouble getting his base to approve leave and kept submitting the paperwork until they said yes.
    What a very nice gift. Thank him for the gift of freedom from him to the USA...
    ditto :)

Aren't we all so lucky.
    My overall special moment at Christmas was arriving at my Son and DIL's , I hadn't seen them for some time and my son will be going over seas with the RAF in January. So great being with them and Leah who is 10 and Brandon who is 12. Grandchildren are growing so fast.

Blog Entries
    I have a list of what not to buy me,but quilty gifts are great.All the quilting goodies & gift cards work for me.
    A Grson actually remembered I needed spices.....so he got me some.Love it & also a huge tea selection from a DD. I also got peppermint cocoa & mint chocolates.I love peppermint.I seldom get a gift I don't like.....the family knows Mom/Grma :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Rosemary
    Hi just wondered what your favorite gift was. Mine was a whole lot of quilting books and no repotision either. That was great thanks to my very thoughtful family and friends.
    Happy New Year to you all.

My son gave me crystals to hang in my sewing room windows, when the sunlight comes through them they make little rainbows all over my sewing room.

My Christmas was bittersweet, our three DD and all the grands and great grands were here. It is always nice to have them together chatting away and excited and noisy. The only downfall was we lost our only son to cancer in Oct. so this was our first Christmas with out him. Tough!!
    I did not get anything quilty but a lot of gift cards so when the weather is better, off to the stores I will go.

Blog Entries
    I got my 2010 Christmas gift in March, 2010 when the oncologist said my husband was all done, with everything. No more catscans, no more bloodwork, no more visits. Clean as a whistle, free of cancer. I have had this gift in my heart for 9 months now and was/is the best gift I could ever receive. Gotta admit though, it was a tough choice here - Moda scrap bag from my daughter in law or a portable dishwasher from my husband. Every gift I received was a thought out gift. Each one was my favorite because of the way people perceived me. IT was a wonderful Christmas. Edie

Blog Entries
    My daughter had all our old movies from way back in the 70's.She went out of her way to get them on a DVD.She didn't get them all because who ever did the one DVD mucked it up so bad.What we did see was wonderful and sure did bring back alot of wonderful memeries.We are going to help with the money to finish them up.What is a better Christmas than that.

having all my children grandchildren and great grandson at my house for Chistmas dinner was so much fun I cherished every minute

spending the Christmas week with my daughter and g baby, and the g baby gave me a $50 card to Hancocks....way to go Boo, nonnie loves Hancocks

pretty good for a toddler

I asked for an electric drill, as every time I want to use one of DH's battery operated drills the batterys are DEAD !!!! I got a battery operated screw driver !!????

j
    It wasn't anything quilting, It was postage stamps with pictures my GD's drew and I can now use for mailing.- J

I've been wanting a new digital camera for a couple years now and my hubby always said no when I wanted to buy one. I hinted to my mother that I wanted a new one for my birthday, but she got me a new one for Christmas! A Sony Cyber-shot...I love it, so much better and faster then my old camera! Can't wait to use it to take pictures of my future quilts!!

Blog Entries
    My DH gave me my favorite gifts although all is loved and appreciated! He gave me an Accuquilt Go! along with the rag quilt die and a Amazon Kindle. I have used the Go! only once, it is going to be a blessing when I get the time to do something with all those scraps I have been saving for the last few years.
    As for the Kindle, I would reccomend this to everyone.It is wonderful!

best gift was my kitchenaid pasta maker attachment from my husband. he also surprised me with Serenity and Firefly.

Mine was a little silver cross on a chain that one of my grandsons picked out himself. I is very pretty and hangs perfectly! Love it!

Blog Entries
    We made some purchases together...we got a new tv, as the old one was starting to act up, we got a WII, as we've decided that we're not going out as much this year and will have that to play with at home for no additional costs, and a GPS for the car, because I get lost, A LOT! :lol:

When we went to Idaho for Christmas, he took me "junkin' " one afternoon, and we found a Hinterberg quilting hoop in one of the second hand stores, with two additional hoops for $30! He also bought me a set of two Gingers...8" shears and 4" snips.

The best part of Christmas was seeing him interact with his family. He was so happy!

My grandchildren out of foster care and living with me.

besides the quilting books, I got a mp3 player -- this is a learning experience with its touch pad and slidey controls -- I am downloading a free song a day and learning to get the thing to play -- I wonder what it would be like with one of the fancy sewing machines -- I'm not a etech or mechanical person

iPad!!!

I didn't get any "quilting/sewing" related things, but I did get a $100.00 gift card for Christopher Banks. I've lost 25 lbs since July, so I am need of some dress clothes for work when I find a job in the new area in which we live.

Then my husband bought us a big screen T.V. on Monday, so I guess that is the next thing I guess. Not my most favorite Chirstmas on my list. But moving didn't help either.

Blog Entries
    I helped pick out most of my gifts but my DDs bnought me a book without my knowledge. That is my favorite but right after that comes the Martelli cutter with the blades that they also bought for me.

Blog Entries
    That's wonderful....quite a Christmas !

Quote Originally Posted by theifner
    My grandchildren out of foster care and living with me.

My son and his wife are active in childrens little theater. He gave me a christmas cd that featured my DIL singing carols. I had never heard her sing. She has a beautiful voice. I was so moved when I heard it I cried.(glad I was alone)

Blog Entries
    WOW....what a wonderful gift.

Quote Originally Posted by seabolt22
    My son and his wife are active in childrens little theater. He gave me a christmas cd that featured my DIL singing carols. I had never heard her sing. She has a beautiful voice. I was so moved when I heard it I cried.(glad I was alone)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast