Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is your weather like today? >

What is your weather like today?

What is your weather like today?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:24 AM

I aplogize ahead of time for my WHINE!!!

Yesterday, here in southern NH, one bank sign read 102 degrees! That's enought to kill off most of the natives! _:-)_

Unfortunately, the A/C in work has not been working for the past week so it's been pretty miserable. Had to work late last night, got home around 8pm to a house that felt like 300 degrees + 200% humidity to find a grumpy boyfriend (who's usually happy) and four droopy cats.

I'm in the middle of putting the A/C in the window (there's a trick to it so boyfriend didnt' tackle it) when the phone rings. I figure, let the machine get it. It's a call from my Mortgage Company, the company I just re-financed with. Run for the phone -- its not in the base station. Scramble to find, boyfriend used it, didn't put it back. Am I surprised?! Now I'm grumpy.

Come to find out, the auto-pay for mortgage didn't go through, as it should have, a couple of days ago. They say they sent me a letter. I told them that I've received about a dozen letters in the past month, thought I'd opened all of them, only to find they're offers for mortgage insurance! I asked why auot-pay didn't kick in. "I don't know" is the answer I got. I ask, "what about that auto-pay confirmation letter I got?" They answer, "That's strange. I don't know." _(&)^%(^&%$%()&)&%^&%$%&^%^&%!!!!!!

Well, last night, the A/C was finally on and we were able to get some sleep. Droopy kitties found comfy spots in direct lines from the cool air outlet. Boyfriend became his usual happy self. This morning I called the mortgage company and straightened it all out; turns out my mortgage was approved so fast, it didn't give them time to initiate the auto-pay, despite the (worthless) confirmation letter I got.

Got into work, A/C is working. A/C at home. Mortgage straightened out. Happy two and four legged critters at home. Life is now good! _:-)_
Old 05-27-2010, 09:05 AM

Here in Toronto it is very hot and humid around 90*, a good day to stay inside with the air on. It is supposed to cool off a little after a storm tomorrow, then be cooler for the weekend. I'm glad.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

Olympia, Wa Cold, rainy and we are all ready and waiting for spring :D:D:D
Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Pam

Sticky, AC not really working, again! Time for a new one, I am afraid.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Pam

Sticky, AC not really working, again! Time for a new one, I am afraid.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 PM

We hit 90 degrees on the back porch (in the shade) by 10:00 this morning. It is going to be a really hot summer. The rest of the week is supposed to be same song different verse. Upper 90's and no rain in sight.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM

Here in the Napa Valley of N Calif it's been windy and rainy in mid 60's. Supposed to be warm up to 80 over the holiday weekend. Can't complain too much...there's snow in Lake Tahoe still. No thunderstorms, no hurricane or flooding, I'm thankful for what we have.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM

In Bakersfield, central valley of CA, it is low 70's, windy, a little cloudy. This is by far the COOLEST spring we have had here in 20 years. They say El Nino effect...I don't know about that, but we are sure enjoying the wonderful weather. We have had sprinkles a few days over the past two weeks, and it's a delightful surprise!! It is forecast to get up over 90 deg over this coming weekend, which is what is normal at this time of year.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

In SW Iowa it is a hot 87 degrees and very muggy. Sigh. Good day to stay inside.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:52 AM

Here in Oklahoma is supposed to be about 93 today and sunny. good day to work on a quilt with the ac going.