What's up with my skin?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 AM

I've only had one on my eyelid and I just kept twisting it until it was gone. - Hasn't come back yet.....but who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 AM

I cut them off too, I numb them first with a ice cube. Too chicken not to numb it first!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:34 PM

Every doc I go to from family to specialtist - they all use the term "That is part of the aging process."
Reminds me of a story my FIL told me.

Man goes to doctor because his knee hurts. Doctor says, "It's due to old age." Man says, "I don't know, doc. My other knee is the same age and it doesn't hurt."
Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 PM

i had some removed on my neck, i think 'burned' off. the thing is, i get a great tan every summer without trying and now where the tags were there are little white spots. looks great. a polka-dotted neck. i'm probably the only one who notices.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have been getting what is known as skin tags. They seem to appear over night. I have had them removed from my neck area. The dermotologist said they would get bigger if not removed. Yuk, they are disgusting enough to look at when they are small. Now they are appearing in my underarm area. My eye dr. said they are common on the eyelid and around the eyes too. :shock: I"ve never had medical attention for my armpit before but there is a first time for everything. :lol:
Just be happy its treatable and thank your creator or whatever you might belive in for not having a rash in your private bits..................... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 06-10-2009, 02:23 PM

If you have Diabetes you get skin tags. I have removed them myself tie a piece of string around it. It will die and fall off.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:34 PM

I get them now and then too. I usually just pinch them off while they are still really small. DH won't let me do that t him so he has some big ones. He thinks It will hurt too much. Also the thread thing works too, just tie a thread around the base tightly and it dies and falls off.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Went thru menopause quite a few years ago. My dr at the time was very conservative and didn't want to put me on meds. Good for him, I found out later. However, after 3 years of that sh** I went in for a dr visit (and any woman who has gone thru meno knows this feeling), I said "If you don't give me something for these hot flashes, I am going to grab you by the throat and throw you against the wall!! He looked at me and said, "Well, maybe it's time." Smart man.
After my operation, I started with a patch on my butt. Turned out I was allergic to the adhesive and it itched like a son-of-a-gun. Also left black goopy rings around the edges - rrrrrrrrrrrr sexy!
Then, I took some purdy little purple estrogen pills and they turned me into some wannabe dainty doily puss.
Then the doc added some testosterone to the mix (bile green horse pills) and within the first week, I was ready and willing to pick a fight with anybody. My attitude was "BRING IT!"

So, I decided to take myself off the hormones and I deal with the hotflashes and sleeplessness (Soy products, Rosehips, Melatonin) and while I don't feel quite human yet, I'm heading in that direction. (At least I think I do - coz the memory ain't what it used to be either.)
Old 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Went thru menopause quite a few years ago. My dr at the time was very conservative and didn't want to put me on meds. Good for him, I found out later. However, after 3 years of that sh** I went in for a dr visit (and any woman who has gone thru meno knows this feeling), I said "If you don't give me something for these hot flashes, I am going to grab you by the throat and throw you against the wall!! He looked at me and said, "Well, maybe it's time." Smart man.
After my operation, I started with a patch on my butt. Turned out I was allergic to the adhesive and it itched like a son-of-a-gun. Also left black goopy rings around the edges - rrrrrrrrrrrr sexy!
Then, I took some purdy little purple estrogen pills and they turned me into some wannabe dainty doily puss.
Then the doc added some testosterone to the mix (bile green horse pills) and within the first week, I was ready and willing to pick a fight with anybody. My attitude was "BRING IT!"

So, I decided to take myself off the hormones and I deal with the hotflashes and sleeplessness (Soy products, Rosehips, Melatonin) and while I don't feel quite human yet, I'm heading in that direction. (At least I think I do - coz the memory ain't what it used to be either.)
Good for you. Do deal with it. Its hard. If someone gives you problems, I am here with a S&W to help you. Teeheee.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:10 PM

Hubby is 39 years old, and has them All over his face, and parts of his neck...they aren't doing anything about them right now...