What's up with my skin?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:39 PM

Anyone that doesn't want to go on the hormones go to Wal-Mart and get the "Evening Primrose Oil" they are gel caps. Take 3000 mgs a day. I got this advice from my Dr. She didn't want to give me any more hormones and told me to get these. And after taking them for about a week I could tell the difference. (DH said he could tell the difference in a couple of days!!!) :lol: :wink:
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM

My daughter got lots skin tags when she was pregnant! I mean LOTS, she's had some of them removed. So, apparently it isn't only age related....
Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

My mom had them. And now I've got them.

Among other things.

I menopaused out at 42 (or was it 41). And it just sort of happened. Overall, I think I got more stable emotionally after. Other than weight gain - which has/had a LOT to do with my eating habits, I was pretty much symptom free.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

I am getting weak kneed just reading this. I can't even get my own splinters out so I sure couldn't cut, tie, or shave them off. Yikes. :shock:
Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 PM

If you have ever nicked yourself shaving then you have done way worse then what this is. Really.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Talking about insurance not covering getting those tags removed, or moles, or whatever; you have to say the magic words to the doctor to code it right on the insurance. You have to say either it 1)hurts or causes discomfort in some way, 2)changed appearance recently, 3) itches, 4)rubs on your clothing, etc. If you say it just bugs you, then he codes it "cosmetic". So if you say the right thing to the doc, then it's covered!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Went thru menopause quite a few years ago. My dr at the time was very conservative and didn't want to put me on meds. Good for him, I found out later. However, after 3 years of that sh** I went in for a dr visit (and any woman who has gone thru meno knows this feeling), I said "If you don't give me something for these hot flashes, I am going to grab you by the throat and throw you against the wall!! He looked at me and said, "Well, maybe it's time." Smart man.
:D :D This was my chuckle for the morning! Pam, you are too funny!!!

Seriously--the hot flashes can consume your life. Instead of hormones my doc gave me Celexa--it is an antidepressant (I needed it anyway for SAD-seasonal affective disorder) with a side effect of NO HOT FLASHES!! It has worked wonderful for me. My husband calls it my "anti-_itch" pill :-)
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

Went to the Dermo today and now I'm tagless! It took him about 2 min. to zap them with a freezing agent. slap bandaid on them and I was out the door with a $20 co pay for an office visit. No numbing shot needed, the freezing agent is so quick and painless.

Oh, he told me for tags not around delicate areas I could buy the freezing agent at a pharmacy and freeze them myself. Freezing will burn skin so cover the surrounding skin with gauze. As long as he does it in an office visit I'll keep going to him. I feel so much better with those disgusting things off me.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I menopaused out
Never heard it used as a verb, although that makes total sense - "to menopause" - it is a process and should have its own designator. lol

Originally Posted by Jamie
Hubby is 39 years old, and has them All over his face, and parts of his neck...they aren't doing anything about them right now...
I don't think the tying off option would be very attractive.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by bearisgray
I menopaused out
Never heard it used as a verb, although that makes total sense - "to menopause" - it is a process and should have its own designator. lol

Originally Posted by Jamie
Hubby is 39 years old, and has them All over his face, and parts of his neck...they aren't doing anything about them right now...
I don't think the tying off option would be very attractive.
"To menopause" comes in the dictionary right after "To Kill, to destroy," etc, And what is the freezing agent you can buy over the counter?