What's your silver lining?

Old 12-24-2020, 02:51 PM

Default What's your silver lining?

Jenny of M* gave a wonderful Christmas message on the website. The message is focused on the past year and how out of every situation there is a silver lining.

My silver lining of 2020 has been slowing down and finding joy in it. I have decided to get rid of the time suckers in my life. I truly enjoyed this summer, truly enjoyed everything being cancelled and being home.
What's your silver lining?
Old 12-24-2020, 04:43 PM

I’m with you. My wife would hop in the car 3 or 4 times a day and run somewhere. I’m more of a homebody and I’ve enjoyed spending more time at home. Also, my office is 24 miles from home. 10-15 years ago when gas was $4.00 per gallon we started working from home a day or 2 a week. Then somebody decided it wasn’t fair that the office workers could work from home and the factory workers couldn’t, so they stopped that. Now it looks like my 5 day per week work from home schedule is going to be permanent. That is saving us a fortune not only in gas and wear and tear on the car, but also in my time.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:56 PM

My life hasn't changed much, other than mask wearing, I still transport and if I'm not, then I'm in my sewing room.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:45 PM

darcy my yorkipoo
Old 12-24-2020, 07:34 PM

My silver lining is that I have found a lot of peace and happiness.
I was laid off for 4 months, super scary and devastating. No work out there, and I work in the health care field!!!
I learned how to FMQ, after all I had so much free time, and I'm actually doing pretty good at it which makes me happy!
My husband and I are getting along better, always a good thing. I'm working again, and have been just feeling happier.
I have spent extra time with my family. How grateful am I for that. Sometimes spending extra time is with zoom, emails or phone calls, I will take what I can get.
This too shall pass. It can always be worse!
Merry Christmas my quilting friends!
Old 12-24-2020, 08:25 PM

With nothing to do, I decided I would reupholster my dining room chairs. When our library opened up again, I checked out book that showed me how to redo my chairs. That book and YouTube videos made the task fairly easy. I ordered everything I needed off the internet.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:22 AM

I discovered I love not having a daily schedule and decided to try to keep it that way. My calendar used to be full of meetings and obligations - and I'm retired! The pandemic gave me an excuse to say "no" when people called to ask me to volunteer for something. And I realized that I don't always have to volunteer either. I have more time to quilt and knit now, and even more time to do absolutely nothing. It's been great, and I don't see myself going "back" either.
Old 12-25-2020, 04:44 AM

My sliver lining is a new realization that I have an abundance of all I need. Although, I am not spending time with friends and family in the "normal" way, we have been redirected to look at what is important in our friendships and to deepen them. Lastly, I have learned to enjoy quiet and peace. I allow myself time to watch out the window to see nature, birds and changing seasons. God created a world that is beautiful and I am happy in it and in His service.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

The important things like family and friends are still here, even if it’s on Zoom or FaceTime!
Old 12-25-2020, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

My silver lining is I was able to accept the way things are. I no longer feel like I need to be busy 18 hours a day. I’m less stressed. I’ve learned to relax. I enjoy my time at home, without stressful expectations and I’m better at work too. Our finances may have taken some hard hits this year but it has shown us we have many blessings to count and truly have all we need. I have made good use of my sewing supplies and found ways to be more creative. I think I only spent about $25 the whole year in a quilt shop.
In spite of the situation we have all faced we have found ways to find enjoyment in every day. Getting out for a nice walk, lots of quiet, time sometimes is what my soul needs