Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
When you go grocery shopping do you >

When you go grocery shopping do you

When you go grocery shopping do you

Old 03-29-2011, 02:48 AM

Yep! I don't love doing it but if I didn't somehow my dh would find out. He is my shopping cart police!!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
I always return it to the cart caddy at the regular stores, but many times I shop at Aldi's. They have a really neat system. The carts are kept outside the store, behind a railing, and each cart it connected to the one in front of it by a short chain. To release the chain and get your cart you insert a quarter into the chain mechanism on the cart handle and go do your shopping. When you are ready to return the cart, you just insert the "key" attached to the next cart's chain, and the quarter pops out and you're good to go. I think this is a great idea as there are never any loose carts in the parking lot, the carts are always neatly lined up in place ready for the next customer, and the store does not have to pay a clerk to gather up all the wayward carts in the lot. In the long run, I believe it saves the consumer a little money each time the carts are used. Maybe more stores should adopt this method.
This doesn't always work. Years ago, at a Walmart, my granddaughter took a few of the left out carts and made herself a bit of change.

A quarter lost does not matter to all people....rather loss it than walk !!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 AM

Yes I do. In any weather! I feel better when I put something back where it belongs. Edie
Old 03-29-2011, 03:38 AM

Always, it irritates me that people are too lazy to walk a few feet to get the cart out of the way for other shoppers.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:48 AM

Yes

Yes.

I do-I'd feel guilty leaving it next to the car where it can run into someone else's car-it's happened to me! I think Aldi's has the right idea-deposit a quarter in the cart and then you have to return it to get the quarter back.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 AM

Not only do I take my cart to a cart park but I often straighten the other carts that are jumbled in the park! Too bad that doesn't carry over to picking up in the sewing room!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have to tell this story.
DD and I went to Walmart one day. As we got out of the van the first thing I noticed was an elderly lady get out of her car and I noticed she was having a difficult time. She walked around her car holding on to the car and she nearly fell a couple of times. I noticed that she kept looking around. So when I got up to her I asked if she needed help to get in the store. Her response was YES, I was looking for a buggy (cart) to use. She also said I wish they would leave a few carts near the handy cap parking spaces. People like me need them.
I just wanted to throw this out there but not as an argument for leaving a cart in the lot for being too lazy. But only as an experience I had.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:07 AM

Yes, very irritating when carts are left sitting anywhere in the parking lot.....the wind blows those thing all over and hits any car in it way......I work at Wal-Mart and even some employees do not put cart in cart return.....