Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
When you go grocery shopping do you >

When you go grocery shopping do you

When you go grocery shopping do you

Old 03-28-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I know some one stole a baby out of the car when the mother turned around to put the shopping cart away. So please do not put that cart away just place it some where snug that it will not rolll into another person's car.

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I do unless it is raining when I have little man with me. I don't like to leave him even for a few seconds in the van.
I would rather see you keep the baby in the cart while you empty your groceries into the car, then "drive" the baby to the cart return, put the cart away, then carry the baby back to the car.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:55 PM

I always return it to the cart caddy at the regular stores, but many times I shop at Aldi's. They have a really neat system. The carts are kept outside the store, behind a railing, and each cart it connected to the one in front of it by a short chain. To release the chain and get your cart you insert a quarter into the chain mechanism on the cart handle and go do your shopping. When you are ready to return the cart, you just insert the "key" attached to the next cart's chain, and the quarter pops out and you're good to go. I think this is a great idea as there are never any loose carts in the parking lot, the carts are always neatly lined up in place ready for the next customer, and the store does not have to pay a clerk to gather up all the wayward carts in the lot. In the long run, I believe it saves the consumer a little money each time the carts are used. Maybe more stores should adopt this method.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:08 PM

Yes I do. I do not like to see Carts rolling into cars parked. Or have to get out & move a cart so I can park. That just sets the tone for a bad shopping experience. I do not like to shop as it is, so I do try very hard to be polite & pleasant to the clerks & other employees. Makes their day better than to have a crabby customer. LOL
Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Am I the only one who wonders why this question was asked? :D :? :wink:

Jan in VA, who always returns it even when I really hurt to walk
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 PM

yes, I normally do this unless I'm in a rush, then the store can get to that.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I know some one stole a baby out of the car when the mother turned around to put the shopping cart away. So please do not put that cart away just place it some where snug that it will not rolll into another person's car.

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I do unless it is raining when I have little man with me. I don't like to leave him even for a few seconds in the van.
And this is why I never put my cart away in crummy weather. My little boy is 4 and unless its nice outside and I don't mind him walking to put the cart away I leave it. Just not worth it. I live near Seattle so its always raining. Unless I am parked right next to one I wont put it away :( My husband thinks I am over paranoid. I do leave the cart in the store if at all possible. Then I don't have to leave it and someone coming in can have my dry cart! Double bonus some days :)
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 PM

And on the opposite side of this topic... I had a friend that never put his cart away because he said that it was job security for someone else :) By him not putting it away, kept someone employed. This friend was also a bag boy in high school! So he did spend his afternoons hauling in carts
Old 03-28-2011, 11:20 PM

I live in a very small rural town and there are no cart returns so we do return our carts back into the store. It only takes a minute, no big deal.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 AM

Neither the Ono or Igo stores HAVE grocery carts to put away. Just a few of the basics if you are lucky, to hold you until you go to town. When shopping in town I do put my cart away...I usually have made several stops and have other things in the truck...that is why door locks were invented. I lock them even when a dog or two is with me so someone won't open the door and let them out.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Yes
YES no matter what the weather I've had my car hit by run aways and I will park some lazy persons cart