Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where do you purchase your HP printer ink? >

Where do you purchase your HP printer ink?

Where do you purchase your HP printer ink?

Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
There is a place online where you can buy refilled cartridges at a great price. Sorry I don't remember what the web site name is.
it's 4inkjets. I have had good luck with their refilled cartridges. If your printer is still in warranty, using refilled cartridges may void it.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:29 AM

we have a Cartridge World shop here in St Augustine that refills your cartridges cheap , works great on Cannon printers, but now I have an HP Photo smart and it doesn't like generic anything.It will not even recognize the newly refilled cartridge - find good bargains at Target from time to time.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:29 AM
KLO

I used to buy only the authentic cartridges but the last time I bought re-manufactured on ebay because I did not want to put out $50.00 or more since mostly what I print are patterns and recipes. I was hesitant but I don't have an expensive, top of the line printer so figured they were worth a try. They loaded and work just fine. I think I paid around $11.00 or so for two, one black and one color. I will order from this guy again and keep my fingers crossed that I have a similar experience. (I use an HP Photosmart D5069 printer.)
Old 06-10-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by KLO
I used to buy only the authentic cartridges but the last time I bought re-manufactured on ebay because I did not want to put out $50.00 or more since mostly what I print are patterns and recipes. I was hesitant but I don't have an expensive, top of the line printer so figured they were worth a try. They loaded and work just fine. I think I paid around $11.00 or so for two, one black and one color. I will order from this guy again and keep my fingers crossed that I have a similar experience. (I use an HP Photosmart D5069 printer.)
Do you remember who your using on Ebay? That is a great price for printer ink!!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
KLO

Yes, this is who I bought them from:

http://myworld.ebay.com/techsupplies...id=p4340.l2559

It was $10.95 for the two cartridges, one black and one color. Plus the shipping is free. (He has other auctions for more than just two cartridges if you are interested.) These people have a 99.8 feedback rating with almost 21,000 items sold. They were very communicative ... sending me several emails confirming payment, shipping date, and asking if I had any problems to contact them. I was impressed and I had no trouble with loading or using the cartridges. My printer "told me" when I loaded them that they were not authentic HP cartridges and could not tell me when I would start to run out of ink. Not a big deal for me. Hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:33 PM

I ordered the fake ink refills, that is suppose to work. They locked up my printer. I do not know if they will work with the right ink cartrige now. As I bought a different printer.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by thrums
I went to WalMart (our only discount store in the area) to purchase a black ink cartridge for my HP 6500 printer. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price: $20.97 for only 300 pages! Yikes!

My question to you is: Where do you purchase your printer ink online?

Thank you for your time.
I buy them at Costco. Prints many, many pages.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Hi Thrums try carrotink.com. My cousin recommended them and also my sister buys from them for her business. She has high volume printing. She did say that one cartridge for nx4000 has lasted a long time, but another cartridge for a smaller printer in her business didn't last very long (6 months). I myself refill at Cost Co for $8. I live 150 miles from nearest Cost Co so I take 2 cartridges at a time to refill (one is my back-up). Good luck, Chris
Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Creative Chris
Hi Thrums try carrotink.com. My cousin recommended them and also my sister buys from them for her business. She has high volume printing. She did say that one cartridge for nx4000 has lasted a long time, but another cartridge for a smaller printer in her business didn't last very long (6 months). I myself refill at Cost Co for $8. I live 150 miles from nearest Cost Co so I take 2 cartridges at a time to refill (one is my back-up). Good luck, Chris
Thanks for the link. I may try the high yield ink. My Costco is equally as far away. I'll see what it has online. 8-)
Old 06-10-2011, 08:32 PM

I use Inkgrabbers.com. They have been great! I order for many printers. My last order I got a cartridge that didn't work and they sent my another at no charge and overnighted it!