Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where to get cloud shaped buttons? >

Where to get cloud shaped buttons?

Where to get cloud shaped buttons?

Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

(Running to Tips notebook) thanks ladies/gentlemen for the ideas.. Grands will love it !!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:12 AM

Hobby lobby. besure to use your coupons...
Old 05-22-2013, 08:48 AM

Try making your own from polymer clay.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:31 PM

Check out this website: www.sculpey.com for polymer clay, it keeps for a very long time!

I think it was about $15 for a a lb. brick, which comes in strips. You can roll it out, or roll it in your hands.

Once you receive your polymer clay, keep it in an airtight plastic bag, and use as needed. I just take out a bit, roll it in my hands, and shape into whatever shape I want to use, then bake it in the oven of your kitchen stove 275 degrees for 15 minutes, let cool, paint with acrylic paint let dry - don't forget to make holes in to sew it onto your project or before baking attach a hook on the back.......
Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414987[/ATTACH]Check out this website: www.sculpey.com for polymer clay, it keeps for a very long time!

I think it was about $15 for a a lb. brick, which comes in strips. You can roll it out, or roll it in your hands.

Once you receive your polymer clay, keep it in an airtight plastic bag, and use as needed. I just take out a bit, roll it in my hands, and shape into whatever shape I want to use, then bake it in the oven of your kitchen stove 275 degrees for 15 minutes for every 1/4" of thickness, let cool, paint with acrylic paint and let dry - don't forget to make holes in to sew it onto your project or before baking attach a hook on the back......

If I can make my own - anyone should be capable of making some for themselves. Attached picture is some of those I have left from my last batch.
Attached Thumbnails tn_p1000460.jpg