Where are you from?

Old 08-09-2011, 07:01 AM

My son and family live on the base at Elmendorf for nearly 7 years now. He goes to Petersville for snowmobiling and I believe he has been over to Petersburg too. Would love to move to the Palmer area where he does his 4 wheeling and such. Been to his place 2 times so far, and hope to go again soon. I've have visited/shopped the quilt shops around Anchorage, Eagle River, Palmer and Wasilla.

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
Originally Posted by islandboundquilting
I live in Petersburg Alaska. Small town about 3000 on an island. I have been here all my life and plan on staying the rest of it!!
I am curious. How do you get supplies in the winter if you live on an island? How bad is the weather for you in the winter? How often do you get to the mainland for fabric, groceries, etc? My DD and SIL just moved to Eagle River---will be there for the next 3 years.....Air Force.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Originally Posted by chatty cathy
I've lived in Hobbie PA my whole life.. My mailing address is Wapwallopen..
Now that is an unusual city name!
:thumbup: I know~ how bout it, it's a very small little place~ (don't blink) it's in the country ~ Love living here!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by tutt
I lived my whole life in Arkansas. I've visited lots of different, beautiful places, but can't imagine living any other place, even in this heat.
Me, too, tutt! Born in Little Rock and have never lived more than 18 miles outside the city limits. Like you, this is home in spite of the crazy weather we have.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:25 PM

well lets see i was born here in fresno,ca lived in OK for a little wile moved back to fresno when i was little, as i grew i stayed in california, when i found the man i was going to be with the rest of my life, we lived in cal for a wile and moved to mississippi for almost a year could not handle the humidy and heat so came back to california and we are still here, he tells me when we retire we are going to move out of california and we are starting to check other states out so far i like Montana and south dakota
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM

I'm actually from "the valley" (from Moon Unit Zappa's song "Valley Girl")...i.e: San Fernando Valley, CA. We currently live north of there, but I haven't lived anywhere other than SoCal. My DH is also from the valley, but he did a 2 year stint in Kuwait during high school when his family moved there for business. He's really glad he's not there now.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by tutt
I lived my whole life in Arkansas. I've visited lots of different, beautiful places, but can't imagine living any other place, even in this heat.
Me too! Arkansas has beautiful mountains, rivers, lakes, etc. Always a great place to return to. Of course, grandkids help a lot now. :lol:
Old 08-10-2011, 06:15 PM

I was raised in western PA. Lived in Myrtle Beach, SC; Alexandria, LA; Tucson, AZ; Misawa, Japan; Hahn AFB, Germany; and Altus, OK -- all places where hubby was stationed while serving in the AF. We have retired to the Spokane, WA area and have been here for 27 years.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:45 PM

I was born and raised in Los Angeles then I lived for 6 months with my husband's family in England. After we had been married for 4 years we moved to southern Oregon, which is where we're at now. :)
Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 PM

I live at Richards a very small community in SW Missouri. I lived in Kansas City Mo for 50 years, then retired and moved back to my childhood home. My home is fairly isolated and sits on twenty five acres. A very peaceful place to quilt.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

Fon Du Lac, Wi. Which right now I'm almost ashamed to admit. After parents split, I was three, I ended up in NJ, not so nice, and on to PA which I love.

First I lived in the country with a collie dog named Lady. She would walk my sister to the one room school house down the road in the morning and would go to walk her home after school. We had cows in the back yard and picked apples from the back of dads pick up. That was a childhood of freedom to roam the woods and discover the world on our own terms. It really helped to make me independent.
This is a great thread.