Where are you from?

Old 08-08-2011, 03:25 PM

My dad was in the Navy, so I have lived in many places too. I was born in Maryland, lived in Gitmo Cuba when I was about 3 or 4, lived in Jacksonville Florida, and Miami or an area very close to it. I have lived in Norfolk Va., Portsmith VA, Smithfield Va and Chesapeake Va. My mom lived in many other places while dad was in the Navy.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by suebee
I was born and raised right here in Arizona :) Boring!!
Living in one place all your life is not boring, I call that roots, which is something I've never had. I am so happy for you. (I went to 22 schools before giving up in the 11th grade and just getting my GED.) My DD's had roots. It was my gift to them.

I was born In San Diego, CA, moved to Vancouver, WA and stayed there for 37 years, then Texas, Tennessee, Texas, and finally to Oregon.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Banned

Born and raised in Dublin Ireland. Living in Arizona for about a year now and will be returning in April next. I have really enjoyed living in America. Everyone is really friendly.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Grace173
Born and raised in Dublin Ireland. Living in Arizona for about a year now and will be returning in April next. I have really enjoyed living in America. Everyone is really friendly.
I would love to go to Ireland one day. If DGD ever gets to dance in World for her Irish step dance-----I will go for sure!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by lurag
Born in South Bend, IN, lived in Sodus MI, moved to southern Illinois, Carrier Mills, IL; where I grew up. I have lived in Moberly, MO; Mahomet, IL; now I live in Linton, IN, this is where I call my home. I have been here for 20 yrs. I have always sewn but I do make quilt and quilt projects but I spend most of my time looking at everyones beautiful quilts on here or in magazines and wish that I could make them. Have a wonderful day! Lura
I drive by Linton going to terre haute. My grandmother's family came from Linton sometime in the 1880's. I will honk the next time I go by! :P
Old 08-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
Love reading where everyone is from! Live in FL now. Dad was in the USAF born in Ashland, AL, then England, Andrews AFB Maryland, back to AL dad in Thailand, UP of Michigan (meet DH), Fort Walton Beach FL, got married DH joined USAF S.Carolina, Mississippi, back to FWB FL, Edwards AFB CA,back to FL husband had cancer so medically retired,(healed now and working again in FWB) FWB, FL, Navarre FL and now Crestview FL. out in the country. Hope to be our last move! Unless we get rich and buy a second home in Gatlinburg, Tenn. LOL! Just get to visit there every fall!
My dad spent time at Andrews in the 1974-76. And he was in Thailand in 1968-69. Then back to Viet Nam in 1972 He spent 23 years in the Air Force. And I honeymoon in Gatlinburg! It is beautiful. We hope to retire in the mountains somewhere. Hubby is from West Virginia and My son lives in Chattanooga.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
I was born in Oklahoma and lived there until I was 21. got married and DH was in the Air Force, so we lived in California 3 times, Texas 3 times, Delaware, South Carolina, Kansas, Utah,Florida, Colorado and Germany. He retired after 23 years and we moved back to Oklahoma (Owasso, near Tulsa). Been here 20 years.
My sister lives in Glen Pool. She has been there for about 20 years.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by mjhaess
I spent 5 years in Dunlap TN. I worked at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga.
We lived on Mowbray Mountain about 3 miles from the county line. You drive a little way to work. When I was in Chattanooga area, I worked downtown. My ex-sister inlaw worked at Erlanger too. I loved living on the mountain.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:17 PM

Wow reading all these posts makes me feel like I've been traveling around the globe.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. Married and 1st dh was in the Navy so I moved to Norfolk, VA. Got transferred to Philadelphia. Transferred again back to Norfolk -- then guess what - transferred back to Philly. LOL He got to see other places on the ships he was stationed on but not me. the second time we transferred to Philly, we didn't live in Philly - lived over the bridge in New Jersey. Our families were in NY/NJ so it was really ok that we didn't go too far. Then he got out of the service and a few years later, his job transferred him to southern CA.(lived in Duarte) We were only there a little over a year when we got transferred to northern CA and lived in Vacaville for a little over 13 years. After all my boys were out of school I moved back to Brooklyn and lived with my sister in the house I grew up in for a couple years, married my HS sweetheart and now I'm here in Levittown, NY (on Long Island). Think we'll be here for a while. Maybe when we retire we may move a bit upstate.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Born and raised in Illinois. Married moved to Montana,England and then back to Illinois.