Where are you from?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:53 AM

Born and raised in Iowa, Burlington along the Mississippi River. Moved to Kansas City for 15 years. Have also lived in Missouri(Monroe City), Ark(Casscoe), Arizona(Camp Verde), Washington State(Kendall), then Oregon(Medford) and my last move was here to Idaho(2004)(Pocatello). If you are looking for a pen pal friend I can send you my e-mail address in a private message.
IdahoSandy
Old 08-07-2011, 06:54 AM

I know that you do not ring the places they are from my country, Argentina, but I will tell the story.
I was born in the Province of Buenos Aires, but when my mother died (I was very small), we moved to the Black River Province and there I grew up. Then I moved to looking the Province of Neuquen and live here for 28 years!
I have not got a friend in my town who likes the patchwork!
But the friends accompanying me on my blog and now I found this great place!
A hug!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:56 AM

I live in New Hartford, NY. Kim
Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 AM

Hi I was born in Gore, OK, lived most of my life in Tulsa, OK and surrounding areas. Then I became a Texan in 1980. I am 74 and have decided that there will be no more long moves for me. Happy in Pasadena, TX.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 AM

Born in Ohio. Ran away as teenager to Phoenix, AZ. Married a couple years later, and wouldn't you know it? He was from Ohio so we came back (to a different city than where I grew up) because his father was going downhill. Been here (in several different cities) ever since.
Not really attached to Ohio but this is where my grown kids and grandkids are so I'll stay.
Would love to live in London, England! When I was there with my second husband I fell in love with the city.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Grew up in Kingwood, WV. Have lived in WV cities of Morgantown, Parkersburg, Fraziers Bottom and Grafton. Spent a few months in Biloxi, MS and Oklahoma City. Lived in Orlando for 26 years and now happily retired and quilting in Between, GA.
Now, my husband can tell me where all the towns in WV are at an I know Oklahoma City, Biloxi and Orlando are but where is "Between, Georgia"?
Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 AM

I'm sure nobody on this board has heard of my birthplace! Pendleton, Ontario, Canada!! Just a small farming community outside of Ottawa. Moved to the US when I was 20, lived in Wash. DC, Harrisonburg, VA., Pocatello, ID and now in Boise/Nampa, ID. Love, Love, Love this board!!! I've learned so much for you fabulous quilters.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Honeynga
I live in West Ga., Carrollton, GA., and just moved here last February. Born, raised and educated in City of Atlanta, Ga., back when the schools were 1st class and the living was safe and easy. We lived in the City of Atlanta and never locked doors and in the summer time we slept with doors open, only screens latched ! Too, my friends and I would walk several blocks away AT NIGHT to the local Miss Georgia Dairy (now that is a long time ago !). I went to elementary school, high school and Ga State University in downtown Atlanta ! Over the years I have all my children at the formerly known as Ga Baptist Hospital. Moved to Clayton County and then later to Fayette County to insure my children the best public education I could find.

I live as far away from Atlanta now as I ever have; BUT, I did spend today in the city having lunch at a landmark restaurant (Mary Mac's) and spent the rest of the day shopping.

I love the slower pace of life here in Carrollton, the absence of the traffic and the friendliness of strangers here.
We are not immune to crime here in Carrollton, but I have a general sense of overall safety.
my second hubs grew up in Carrollton and moved to Atlanta in his teens - his mom moved to Sandy Springs (I call all the burbs "atlanta"). We were just in Carrollton last fall for a HS reunion for him.
first hubs was born in VT, esx juct, and we were there a lot. I grew up in perry, ny, lived in mt. home, idaho a yr while hubs was in AF. After he died i was in amherst, ny then grand island, ny. Spent some time in Atlanta, ga and ended up with hubs #2 (#1 died), in hampton, sc.

What is so nice about this post is that the country is so big there are so many wonderful places to live. I would love to visit so much of the USA. I love movies like Oklahoma, and State Fair - movies that are shot on site -cus they give you the feeling of being in places so different than where you are. (I know it sounds silly, but I think of Iowa as a rather exotic place) sharet
Old 08-07-2011, 07:15 AM

Born, raised, and still live in suburban Atlanta, GA.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 AM
OB

Hi,I am from NY but went to Marywood in Scranton, many moons ago ,before it became a university :lol: