Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where you're from  - under your avatar >

Where you're from - under your avatar

Where you're from - under your avatar

Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Kas

Ooh. I missed the "annoying" part! It doesn't annoy me, but I understand what they mean.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I think one of the nice things about seeing a location is that I have met two wonderful board members in person. Both Bettia and GrammaNan live in the same neck of the woods as I do and I feel very blessed to have met them. I wouldn't have met either of them without the location being filled out. :-D
I just moved to Greeley. My BFF lives in Aurora! Maybe we can meet at Quilt Factory sometime!
Sounds fun! A group of us on the board are meeting tomorrow in Woodland Park. Do you have the day off???
Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I think one of the nice things about seeing a location is that I have met two wonderful board members in person. Both Bettia and GrammaNan live in the same neck of the woods as I do and I feel very blessed to have met them. I wouldn't have met either of them without the location being filled out. :-D
I just moved to Greeley. My BFF lives in Aurora! Maybe we can meet at Quilt Factory sometime!
Sounds fun! A group of us on the board are meeting tomorrow in Woodland Park. Do you have the day off???
I have the day off but Woodland Park is a bit of a drive for me. Plus I just drove around 6000 miles in the last month and I'm *really* enjoying just staying home. Let me know the next time you meet though!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 AM

A few are coming in from out of state, so I doubt we will be meeting again any time soon. (I understand the drive, though. I am dropping my kids off with my MIL in Colorado Springs, so they will get to spend a day with Grandma. It makes the drive go fast when my kids keep me entertained for the drive down and back.)

However, it would be fun to get together up here near Denver with some of the Colorado members one of these days.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:43 AM

A few are coming in from out of state, so I doubt we will be meeting again any time soon. (I understand the drive, though. I am dropping my kids off with my MIL in Colorado Springs, so they will get to spend a day with Grandma. It makes the drive go fast when my kids keep me entertained for the drive down and back.)

However, it would be fun to get together up here near Denver with some of the Colorado members one of these days.
I think there are a lot of board members in Colorado so a get together would be a lot of fun.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:31 PM

We get together here in Oregon every other month and it is a lot of fun. We take turns meeting some place different each time. Some share their finished projects and some share unfinished ones as well it's just like old friends! Fun, fun, fun!! :D :-D ;-)
Old 07-15-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
That's true and there are some secret swaps on here so they hide their names so others cannot figure it out and later forget to add them back. And then I suppose theere are those who do not want us to know. If they do , like you said, it is in a post or perhaps when they join a swap.
And there are those who, and I agree, would worry about someone looking up their name and addres and coming to their homes to steal their stash.ROFL......
Well Debbie - I honestly wouldn't steal your stash - but your little kitty might be in danger :lol: !
Old 07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
And there are those who, and I agree, would worry about someone looking up their name and addres and coming to their homes to steal their stash.ROFL......
Not that far-fetched: I am already planning my stash raids. The camper is packed and boy does it hold a lot. LOL!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Originally Posted by GrammaNan
I don't worry about anyone stealing my stash, just take a look at my APA (Atticus Protection Agency) See his picture in my Avatar? LMBO
This is Atticus.
I have a protection agency that looks exactly like that, Boston1954 and you don't want to come into my house unannounced. Big babies, really.