Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: While I'm Waiting For My Batting To Arrive

While I'm Waiting For My Batting To Arrive

so I can finish my current quilting project, I knitted myself a hat. This yarn has bits of sparklies in it and I've been wanting to use it since I bought it a couple of years ago. I used a free pattern I found on Ravelry.

Name:  007.JPG
Views: 1441
Size:  69.8 KB

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Very cute! Never could get into knitting or crocheting especially after I got married. Long story. Yours looks great.

Very cute hat! I am not coordinated enough to knit!

Cute hat - knitting and crochet are beyond my capabilities. My mother was great at both but I could not learn, it always seemed too complicated.

That looks great and exactly what I've been looking for! Did you use circular needles or DP ones? The pattern I found calls for DP needles and I can't manage that for the life of me. And I really need a new knit hat.

Blog Entries
    The only way I can "knit" a hat is to use the round Knifty Knitter.

Blog Entries
    it looks great, and i'll bet it's nice and cozy warm... i love knitted items. i gave away all of my needles when i moved, though, because of arthritis. now i just knit by machine.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-28-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typo
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Cute hat. I still knit every once in a while. Nothing complicated but sometimes I like the feel of yarn in my hands
    Alyce

NIce job. Looks nice and warm.

Blog Entries
    great job. started when i was 3 on my grandmas lap. all I could do was go back and forth.
    Not much has changed in these 50 ish years. I can go back and forth, and that's
    a trick at time. I need to find someone who will knit me pink angora mittens. does anyone know someone who can.

that hat is priceless and so neat and sharp looking. enjoy it.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Awww cute !!!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Love your hat and love Ravelry too!

Nice!! I really want to learn knitting. I've tried to learn from videos and books but there is something vital that I am just NOT getting...I just end up with knots!

That hat looks very cozy and soft.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    great job. started when i was 3 on my grandmas lap. all I could do was go back and forth.
    Not much has changed in these 50 ish years. I can go back and forth, and that's
    a trick at time. I need to find someone who will knit me pink angora mittens. does anyone know someone who can.

that hat is priceless and so neat and sharp looking. enjoy it.
    Lynnie, I've never knitted mittens before. I learned to knit a couple of years ago so I could make myself warm hats and I've made more than 20 of this pattern. hehehe. There are a few knitters on etsy that do custom orders and they didn't seem too expensive.

I don't think my reply took, so here goes again....
    Lovely hat, and I especially like the scalloped edge. I knit in spurts. Right now I'm a sewing/quilting gal. I never took to crocheting as I do to knitting. Keep up the talent you have!
    Hello from Shenandoah Valley, VA. Quilting a few years. Love the process of creating the quilt top, but don't like making the sandwich of top, batting and backing as much. We have two Labrador Retrievers, a yellow and a chocolate. Blessings to all!

That is cute. Funny.....I call them sparklies too.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.