Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is next to leave?

Why are so many of the nice people leaving? I thought this was a nice quilt site. Is someone being a bully? Please keep your mean comments to yourself.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I'm not going anywhere. I enjoy this forum and everyone on it. But I will say I have had some that tried to convince me to leave.

I think you will find that on many forums people come and go. I think this forum has more staying power than most due to the great personalities on it!! Some of the people that leave may be suddenly involved with something else in their life also.

I just hope I didn't say anything that would cause someone to leave! :-D :-D

Blog Entries
    Whose missing? Maybe they went into "recovery" from this site. I know I need to--I have spent soooo much money on things I've seen on this site--I have no will power :-( They'll be back, this board is hard to resist! :D

The trouble seems to be in the chatroom. I have heard of this before here, someone thinks they run the room and being obnoxious.

Ain't that the truth. I wouldn't want to face withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    Whose missing? Maybe they went into "recovery" from this site. I know I need to--I have spent soooo much money on things I've seen on this site--I have no will power :-( They'll be back, this board is hard to resist! :D
    :twisted:

I don't go in to chatroom. Don't have time to gossip.

There are so many people on this forum that I don't think I could keep up with who is here and who is leaving.

I will just apoligize now for the times that I might hurt someone's feelings. I can assure you that I would not ever do that intentionally.

Being fairly new to this site I would hate to see anyone leave. I have learnt so much reading all of the topics. If I should say something that offends please let me know.

How did you know someone left? That's such a shame.

Honestly, sometimes life gets so busy that this is one of the "extras" that goes by the wayside. I didn't post for a few months because I got so busy with other things going on. Over the summer, I posted a bunch, but now that school is back in session, my postings will probably be fewer and fewer. I think we all go through cycles of activity.

They post in the PDA, that they are leaving the forum , because of what someone has said to them. or of some one being rude.

Blog Entries
    I have never had anyone to be rude to me. Actually many have gone out of there way to help me. I do not go the chat room, nu#1 reason is I type to slow. I sometimes my thought process is a little slow. They call it chemo brain, but it not so bad, hey I am glad to be here.

I agree with Dakotamaid I think you will find that on many forums people come and go. I think this forum has more staying power than most due to the great personalities on it!! Some of the people that leave may be suddenly involved with something else in their life also.

That's really a shame. I've only been to the chat room once, and everyone was so nice and friendly.If you've been in contact with them, maybe you could suggest they just avoid the chat room.

I come and go ... it depends on my mood as to how much I participate in any site ... sometimes we get busy with life, or maybe we find other things to occupy time ... I think it would be different for each person ...

Giving you an example ... work has ramped up, I'm taking a class to learn stuff for work ... I've signed up at JoAnn's for two classes to learn how to use clay...

I'm finishing up two quilt classes I've signed up for at our LQS AND I've got another one in September.

My class for work starts in Sept, my clay classes are both in Sept and I have a quilting class in Sept.

So as you can tell ... I'll be back and forth... this doesn't include the quilt projects I'm working on ...

Blog Entries
    I didn't know anyone left.

I understand some people are busy with other more important things in their lives right now though.

Perhaps, folks are just busy or taking vacations, etc. I know thia July and Aug have been horribly busy in my life. Haven't even had the time to sew around my house. Wishing I were though...

Every chat room has it's trouble makers unfortunately.

nobody is going to get along with everybody all the time, things happen.

My hope is the admin looked at this event closely to see what really went on. I'm sure he/she/it? LOL is following closely and continue to make sure that this remains a safe, friendly, fun place to meet.

My feelers have been hurt a few times but I'm still here because of one reason....I'm addicted!!

Who left?? How do you know that "life" just maybe got in the way?? I'm still here, but plan to stay really, really quiet for a while................

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    They post in the PDA, that they are leaving the forum , because of what someone has said to them. or of some one being rude.
    what is
    PDA?

i am not going anywhere, i post when i can..i love reading and looking at the pictures!

From time to time, I hear folks bashing the chat room and do not understand what they are talking about. I have never witnessed and cursing or true ill will, except during the troll invasion a few years ago.

In reality, certain words are starred out and censored, so you could not swear even if you wanted to, so I doubt vague unattributed reports of "cussing" going on in there.
    Most of the time, chatters are friendly and welcoming. The days of the "night hawks and coffee drinking" fests are gone, as the regulars from earlier times have moved on.

I have noticed with larger crowds coming in there, that it is difficult to keep track of a few running conversations. I'm not sure if there can be solutions to that. Do not be put off by other people's perceptions - try the chat for yourself. It may or may not be your cup of tea, but it is a valuable part of this community.

I tend not to follow PDAs on a regular basis, but it does distress me to hear when old-timers leave. They are a wealth of information and wisdom that is not easily replaced.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    what is
    PDA?

i am not going anywhere, i post when i can..i love reading and looking at the pictures!
    PDA is Personal Diary and Announcements. We had some discussion at one time about personal conversations interfering with quilting talk so Admin created the PDA neighborhood for us. It is a place where I can talk about anything within reason and my friends can pop in when they have time and leave me a message. It is fun to talk about everyday issues in my life and to visit my friends PDAs too. We talk about our families our quilting our aches and pains and any thing that is going on in our lives at the time.

You can find a link at the bottom of the page for the PDA section. Here is a link you can click on.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/s-12-1.htm

I have found that no matter the orginization - there are always people who can't help but cause trouble. How sad their life must be to want to intentionally hurt someones feelings. I am here to learn and make new friends who enjoy quilting.
    I have enough stress in my life and I come to this forum for a getaway.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast