Who Are You?

Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 PM

your daughters look like "mini me"s. And they look like 1 child, in 3 different age pics. Beautiful girls! Keep those biker boys away. he he.

Do you have your own bike? My girlfriend is studying for her test right now and shopping for a bike.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:06 PM

Barb: I would be the one interested in Pierogies. I think I might use your recipe for a batch this week end. Thank you so much. Also thought as long as I'm messing with it I'd make some with fruit and cottage cheese which was suggested and the Taco version sounds wonderful too. I'll let you all know how they come out.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 PM

Joyful Noise;
No, you DO NOT look like a fish out of water. Hope your vacation was a ton of fun for you.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:14 AM

Feathers,
Thank you !! Our vacation was great ! It lasted 2 1/2 years !! After hubby retired, we sold the home and MOVED into our RV. We traveled all over the U.S. and it was so much fun. It also was a great opportunity for me to visit all the quilt and fabric shops from coast to coast............and I found all those hard to find old fashioned prints that I had been looking for to make the bear paw quilt I had been wanting to do for years !!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Joyful: Good for you guys. We've talked about doing a two or three month road trip around the entire US but as time goes on my DH has less and less interest in doing it. I've sorta been from one coast to the other a couple times and seen alot of the sights but he hasn't. At the time I was doing the galaventing I wasn't quilting so I missed all the great quilt shops.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:06 AM

I love the idea of going all over the country in an RV. Do you (any of you) have a motor home or a pull-along? We have a pull-along. DH isn't crazy about pulling it around. Hopefully we get to use it more this summer.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:03 PM

Buttercream, We have a 5th wheel. It's hard to for some people to imagine living in that small of a space, but the new RVs have lots of great features and all the comforts of home. I highly recommend it to anyone who is physically able. It can be a strain on a body if you have health problems, and it's kinda hard on grandparents to leave those babies. When we started traveling, we had 3........now we have 9. That's why we decided it was time to settle down and quit "fulltiming". But it was fun while it lasted.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:06 PM

Feathers, there are soooo many great quilt shops out there. I found all kinds of neat "tools" and "toys" as well as fabrics. Is everyone else like me? When you walk into a quilt shop does your heart skip a beat :?: :?:
Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 PM

Joyful....yessssssss, I just know there are unbelievable treaures hiding out on the bottom shelves and in the front windows of each fabric store i enter. It's almost like I imagine a "fix" would be when I go in. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by joyful_noise
Buttercream, We have a 5th wheel. It's hard to for some people to imagine living in that small of a space, but the new RVs have lots of great features and all the comforts of home. I highly recommend it to anyone who is physically able. It can be a strain on a body if you have health problems, and it's kinda hard on grandparents to leave those babies. When we started traveling, we had 3........now we have 9. That's why we decided it was time to settle down and quit "fulltiming". But it was fun while it lasted.
I think it would be great fun to live on the road for a while. It would also be nice to come home, too! :D I'd like to do that, actually, but I don't know that DH would. RIght now isn't an option, anyway, though.
I've seen ppl pull, haul, or drag (if they aren't mobile anymore) even the VERY SMALL RV (most call them campers around here) somewhere to live in...permanently.
After Katrina in Louisiana, that's what a lot of the locals lived in. I don't know that they still are...maybe.
We went to a travel show last year, and they had a lot of really nice RV's there. Some of them had "pull outs" (can't think of what that's called, where they pull out to make the room bigger) on both sides. That made the room HUGE! Most of those worked electronically. Some even had upstairs in them! Fireplaces...They were really nice.