Who Are You?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 AM

To Feathers....

Thanks for the comments. You got the name for the puppies right. We have two Cavaliers, and last spring we had a litter.....so fun, and the cutest things you would want to see. We are planning another litter the next time Sassy comes in season. The avatar is Nicky, our male, when he was a baby. We got him from England.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:12 AM

Skacian: I'll bet having a litter of puppies is a blast...I don't WANT a litter of puppies but I'd sure take them. They are so darling. Both my DH and I are huge animal lovers and after losing our 16 1/12 year old granddog, a mini-Schnauzer last April we decided we'd not get another baby but every now and then we think we miss our dog so much we should get another. When we do IF WE DO we plan to get one that is older and displaced and one who needs a quiet life with old codgers like us. Neither of us can run and play with a puppy anymore so a senior dog would be best for us these days. Thanks for sharing. Your baby is soooooo cute.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 AM

Don't call yourselves "old codgers". My husband is 68, and I am 67, and we are not old!! We also have a shih tzu that we have had since he was a baby. He is 13 now....getting the Cavaliers has rejuvanated him, and he keeps up with no problem. Maybe a puppy is just what you need....so much joy they bring.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 AM

Joy would be an understatement! There is nothing like puppy breath, wet kisses and a snuggly furry baby to curl up with. I do think younger animals rejuvenate older animals and probably people, too. We aren't ready to get a baby right now but if one comes along and needs us the deal will be sealed.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:45 PM

Hi all- just reading where someone was looking for some authentic Polish recipes. I posted (under recipes of course) recipes for Pierogies (sorry the description being talked about didn't sound like pierogies to me) and Piggies, also known as Halupki or Pigs in the Blanket around here.

I am German and English but DH is Slovak and Lithuanian. These recipes actually came by way of other Polish friends. We also make our own kielbasa but I would totally lose all of you if I tried to explain how to make that. (That and the recipe makes 30 rings or so.)

I'm a fussy eater and these pierogies beat all the commercial brands out there. I'm not crazy about piggies- but I have made them with ground turkey and they still taste great. My kids and some family members will put ketchup on each of these, but then, they think ketchup is a food group. Enjoy! Let me know if anyone tries them!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:55 PM

Here I am looking like a fish out of water.........or...........an Okie in Destin Florida :mrgreen:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51295.jpe  
Old 02-27-2008, 07:32 PM

Feather's hubby and I decided no more furry animals once the ones we have are gone. We lost our rat terrier last year, old age. Our son who was living with us got a border collie mix puppy just about 2 years ago. Then this past July our son got married and moved to coast. He couldn't have the dog where he lived. So we inherited this 40# (not that big) but he was pretty much untrained except house broken. I couldn't walk him because my new knee doesn't work well. It took about a month of vigorous training with hubby complaining the whole time. Now he is a gem of a dog and hubby really loves him. Would we do it again, no the dog has had to adjust to our limitations and I'm sure he would love to run and play.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by joyful_noise
Here I am looking like a fish out of water.........or...........an Okie in Destin Florida :mrgreen:
HI, Pat. Thanks for sharing. You don't look out of place. I hope you had fun. That's what matters! :D
Old 02-28-2008, 10:58 AM

A few more recent ones of me and my DH doing what we love on the weekends. We have some great times out riding. Especially when the weather is just perfect like it was last weekend! These were taken at The Shade Tree near Spring Branch, TX.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-50507.jpe   attachment-50508.jpe   attachment-65222.jpe  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:01 AM

And these are our three daughters. They are 16, 14 and 10.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-50509.jpe   attachment-50511.jpe   attachment-50512.jpe