Who Are You?

Old 10-10-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
Wow, OnTheGO, you have a gorgeous family!

Bri~You and your bf are a cute couple!!

This January will make 10 years since I met my DH! :shock:
We were married 18 months later. I would've married him the night we met. I was 16.
I worked on your picture. Hopefully this will work.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-5476.jpe  
Old 10-10-2009, 07:45 PM

Your hubby sounds similar to my hubby. Both are keepers! I bet you were a bit nervous having your daughter flying in an overloaded bush plane piloted by someone fresh off the recess yard...sounds like all the doctors I've been seeing lately. :lol:
Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingWithMissy

We were married 18 months later. I would've married him the night we met. I was 16.
Thanks for lightening that pic up so we can see us better!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingWithMissy

Thanks for lightening that pic up so we can see us better!

You are more than welcome.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:34 PM

Just scanned thru this to see all the pics. Great to put faces with names! How fun!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
well, it is a beautiful family to be sure. I would be proud of the character that they show at early ages too. Says something for the family around them. You are a very busy lady. I don't know how you manage, but since I was an only girl among five boys, I know what it's like to long for a sister.
I had to grow up and have 3 beautiful daughters, and I guess, each one in their own way, is like a friend to me, now that they have grown up. I feel like their kids, are my kids and do all that I am able to help them, with them, which isn't always easy, but like you, I love having all this family around me. I can tell these kids love you very much, to hold still as long as they could to get these pics. Boy, do I have a time with that, and hubby is the very worst one!!! Sometimes, he needs a spank, (although, I am a no-spank nana...have learned very many effective techniques, and they have parents, so I don't have to...gravy, gravy, gravy! :wink: )
I have told my gkids that it is important to me that I have a hand in helping mold them into decent caring Jesus following people. They are great kids and have learned the rules of the house. I won't let them watch just anything even if they watch it at home but not here like the Simpsons! I think that show is a bad influence on values.

Sewjoice what a lovely picture!! It is nice to see you!!

When I am down I think about Jake who has turned down time with his friends to stay with me. And Rachel who has been deeply attached to her Grandma Rhonda since she was born. She would cry if I was in the room and didn't hold her. I had to leave the room to get her to stay with even her mom or dad! She is still the love of my life. She has learned almost all of the little songs I grew up with and enjoys sitting on Gradma Rhonda's lap and sing songs. We also sing songs and do rhymes as part of our bedtime routine when she and the twins stay with me. They love to get silly with their silly old grandma!! Devon tells me all the time how silly I am!! I used to have a daycare and know a lot of silly stuff!!
I had forgotten about this thread. Sure am glad it has resurfaced. I have to get up early (the alarm clock is set for 5 AM but here I am after 1 AM still reading. Just one comment on what was said about singing and reciting rhymes with little children. I was a first grade teacher for most of my 33 years of teaching. When it came to nursery rhymes, whatever wasn't taught at school just wasn't learned anymore. TV, etc has taken over and the children just aren't familiar with the little songs and rhymes anymore. What a shame. Congratulations for doing such a fine job.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

This is me taken a couple of years ago loading apples into the saddlebag of my bike after we went apple picking. I look the same only I haven't cut my hair since this pic was taken so it is much longer now.

Let's get home so I can make a pie!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60424[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60424.jpe  
Old 12-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

This is me with my two sons. second one is me and hubby on our London trip last June. Trip of a lifetime. Third one is me and youngest grandson.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60455.jpe   attachment-60456.jpe   attachment-60457.jpe  
Old 12-19-2009, 09:12 AM

GladGrams from Norway while on a visit home with 2 of the grands.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60464.jpe  
Old 12-19-2009, 11:33 AM

Hey, Stitchnripper! Welcome to the board. I'm in Iberia Parish. Good-lookin' group of people.